Author Topic: AMD Radeon HD 6490M < Intel Integrated Graphics  (Read 4923 times)

My computer has 2 Graphics Drivers, Intel Integrated Crap and AMD Radeon HD 6490M and yet I get this:
-----------------------------------------------
Emil spawned.
Loading persistence for BLID 999999
Applying persistence 1 0
Flushing texture cache...
Regenerating Shadow Map FBOs...

Checking for shader shadow support:
   - Enabled via $Shader::Enabled? YES
   - ARB_shader_objects?           YES
   - ARB_shading_language_100?     YES
   - EXT_texture_array?            YES
   - EXT_texture3D?                YES
   - glTexImage3D?                 YES
   - EXT_framebuffer_object?       YES
   - ARB_shadow?                   YES
   - OpenGL Version?               3.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.2372
   - GLSL Language Version?        1.40  - Intel Build 8.15.10.2372
   o Shaders are                   ACTIVE

Regenerating Shadow Map FBOs...
Creating shader program from shaders/renderCsm_vert.glsl and shaders/renderCsm_frag.glsl...
Compile failed on shaders/renderCsm_vert.glsl:
ERROR: 0:2: '' :  extension 'GL_EXT_texture_array' is not supported
WARNING: 0:3: extension 'GL_EXT_texture_array' is not supported

ERROR: renderCsm_prog shader compilation failed, disabling shaders
Shutting down the OpenGL display device...
Making the GL rendering context not current...
Deleting the GL rendering context...
Releasing the device context...

-----------------------------------------------
If it weren't for the Intel Integrated stuff I'd have shaders, how do I know?
I went into the AMD's Settings and set it to "power-saver" and went into Blockland = No change
Putting AMD back to full performance I set the Intel's to "power-saver" and started Blockland = Graphics was even worse
This must prove that the only Graphics Driver running with Blockland is the Intel one, and I know I can somehow change it to use the AMD one, but even if I go into the Cataclyst Control Center where it should set Blockland to use the AMD driver, it dosen't.
Here are my PC Specs:

Processor Information:
    Vendor:  GenuineIntel
    Speed: 2195 Mhz
    8 logical processors
    4 physical processors
    HyperThreading:  Supported
    FCMOV:  Supported
    SSE2:  Supported
    SSE3:  Supported
    SSSE3:  Supported
    SSE4a:  Unsupported
    SSE41:  Supported
    SSE42:  Supported

Operating System Version:
    Windows 7 (64 bit)
    NTFS:  Supported
    Crypto Provider Codes:  Supported 311 0x0 0x0 0x0

Video Card:
    Driver:  Radeon (TM) HD 6490M     

DirectX Driver Name:  aticfx32.dll
    Driver Version:  8.830.6.3000
    DirectX Driver Version:  8.17.10.1070
    Driver Date: 7 May 2011
    Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel
    Monitor Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
    DirectX Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
    VendorID:  0x8086
    DeviceID:  0x116
    Number of Monitors:  1
    Number of Logical Video Cards:  1
    No SLI or Crossfire Detected
    Primary Display Resolution:  1366 x 768
    Desktop Resolution: 1366 x 768
    Primary Display Size: 18.98" x 10.67"  (21.73" diag)
                                            48.2cm x 27.1cm  (55.2cm diag)
    Primary Bus Type Not Detected
    Primary VRAM: 1024 MB
    Supported MSAA Modes:  2x 4x

Memory:
    RAM:  6091 Mb

Make sure that your "non-terrible GPU" supports shaders in the first place.
Also, even though Blockland claims that it's using it, verify that you've configured it to use that GPU properly.

Make sure you are using the AMD graphics rather than then the intel. To check this click the little arrow on the bottom left of your Windoss bar and see if there is an icon that looks like a screen and is a mix of black of blue, is you have that then you have Intel enabled. If you see a small red orb than that is the AMD graphics.

Try right clicking anywhere on your dekstop and selecting "Configure Switchable Graphics". If you see that then click it and a program should launch up giving youths option to enable Power Saver (Intel HD) graphics or High Perormace "AMD". Select high performance and then wait a bit as the screen will turn black and then back again (it's switching graphics). Then hit OK

Make sure you are using the AMD graphics rather than then the intel. To check this click the little arrow on the bottom left of your Windoss bar and see if there is an icon that looks like a screen and is a mix of black of blue, is you have that then you have Intel enabled. If you see a small red orb than that is the AMD graphics.

Try right clicking anywhere on your dekstop and selecting "Configure Switchable Graphics". If you see that then click it and a program should launch up giving youths option to enable Power Saver (Intel HD) graphics or High Perormace "AMD". Select high performance and then wait a bit as the screen will turn black and then back again (it's switching graphics). Then hit OK
There is no little arror on the bottom left of the windows bar

There is no little arror on the bottom left of the windows bar
Oh my bad I meant right.

Yeah I see it, its for accessing the Intel Graphics Settings, but I already tried that. There's nothing to completely disable it

Yeah I see it, its for accessing the Intel Graphics Settings, but I already tried that. There's nothing to completely disable it
That's your problem right there, it's using Intel HD and not the AMD Radeon. Try updating your drivers by going to amd.com

Did you try right click on the desktop and see if there's an option to configure the graphics?

That's your problem right there, it's using Intel HD and not the AMD Radeon. Try updating your drivers by going to amd.com

Did you try right click on the desktop and see if there's an option to configure the graphics?
I tried that from the since I found out Intel was the problem. I just updated my AMD Radeon with the latest driver software, but before that I found where I could completely disable Intel Graphics, so I did and my screen res went from   the usual 1366x768 to 1024x??? and my desktop and the windows looked like Windows Vista or something, and my Intel Graphics menus were gone too. Thats when the computer said that my AMD was outdated. After the update the Intel stuff appeared again, and BL still won't work. And I don't know if disabling Intel again will fix my problem, or just put me back to what I've already been through.

Ok I just disabled my Intel Graphics Driver and it went back to 1024x??? and the Vista look, so I tried BL but it said it couldn't find any reliable drivers and proposed to update my drivers, and that was after I decided to update my Intel Graphics aswell. Already tried Blockland, and it seems that either Blockland needs the Intel Graphics, or it doesn't know that the AMD Graphics exist...