Author Topic: Logged Brick Saves  (Read 759 times)

I don't know if there is an add-on capable of doing this or if its something default already but if not I think this should be default.

Basically, you load a save called "House". Then you load a save called "Cliffs". Lets say these saves have a lot of bricks (high brick count) and you decide to get rid of the cliffs and just keep the house, you need to clear all of the bricks and then re-load the house to get just the one save you wanted. This "feature" would keep a log of save names and bricks that belong to each save so that when you click "Clear Bricks" theres another tab or something where you can clear certain saves.

Benefits:
Main benefit is that you can have something similar to a "Lobby". Players will remain in there while other saves are being removed/added into the game. This way cyclying maps would be something very easy to do, imagine this being implemented by default (if its not already and I havent discovered this) with Greek2Me's BuildCycle Add-on (in beta or so I think).

would be helpful, but badspots time could be better spent

does this go in suggestions and requests?

what would work equally as well is a de-ghoster; you just don't see (and your computer doesn't "remember") the bricks and it won't affect gameplay.

what would work equally as well is a de-ghoster; you just don't see (and your computer doesn't "remember") the bricks and it won't affect gameplay.

wouldnt that affect saving bricks though

maybe toggleable

wouldnt that affect saving bricks though

maybe toggleable
it would but since as of yet bricks cant be deghosted so it would automatically be a toggleable thing.

It should work by deghosting bricks outside of your sight range (or a set range outside of your sight range or person), and have the option to follow the server's max sight range or your own personal one (using advanced tab)

if made this would basically make more than 256k brick builds feasible since anything outside of your view can be deghosted, allowing the engine to, instead, ghost blocks within your vision range.

I don't know exactly how Ghosting works except that it takes a while, would de-ghosting take long or would it be quick? Wouldn't it also give more work for the server? Remember idk about Ghosting so fill me in on what I am wrong.

Ok sorry, really off-topic, but...
I just realized that you're avatar is supposed to be spinning
All this time I thought the candles and sprinkles were just moving around
It is a cake right?

I feel really stupid

I don't know exactly how Ghosting works except that it takes a while, would de-ghosting take long or would it be quick? Wouldn't it also give more work for the server? Remember idk about Ghosting so fill me in on what I am wrong.
Ghosting is basically receiving brick positions and stuff from the server so yes de-ghosting would be one frozen hell faster

It is a cake right?

I feel really stupid
lol

Ghosting is basically receiving brick positions and stuff from the server so yes de-ghosting would be one frozen hell faster
and no it wouldn't put more burden on the server, or no more than the second you spawn.
seriously why hasn't this been thought of before

would there be any engine limitations that prevent this being made?

can you shoot thru stuff that got de ghosted

It is a cake right?

I feel really stupid
Woah........Your wernt the only one

can you shoot thru stuff that got de ghosted
no
bricks are still there just you don't see them