Question about Blockland being on Steam

Author Topic: Question about Blockland being on Steam  (Read 1035 times)

This isn't one of those silly discussions about "IT SHOULDN'T BE ON STEAM CUZ LITTLE CHILDREN WILL COME" but rather two or a couple more questions. (Hoped to get answered by Badspot)

1. Will customers who purchase Blockland through steam recieve keys (I believe so)? How will they get a key, will steam redirect the customer to a page that will open in their browser to get the key (not very efficient IMO), or is there some way Steam offers its own key generator?

2. How will customers who purchase Blokland through steam get their email registered incase they ever forget their key? Will it somehow use the email the steam account is associated with?

No. Have you even ever used Steam? It has services that handle both of these built in to the game's store page and library page,

1. Will customers who purchase Blockland through steam recieve keys (I believe so)? How will they get a key, will steam redirect the customer to a page that will open in their browser to get the key (not very efficient IMO), or is there some way Steam offers its own key generator?

I'll imagine it'll be like Magicka. When you launch the game, you'll get a Steam notification with your key so that you can activate the game.

Steam has already been able (for a long time) to give out keys and store them on the account within Steam itself.

For example, if you have Magicka or Gratuitous Space Battles (sure there's more than those though), you should see a "CD Key" option on the right hand side.

Steam has already been able (for a long time) to give out keys and store them on the account within Steam itself.

For example, if you have Magicka or Gratuitous Space Battles (sure there's more than those though), you should see a "CD Key" option on the right hand side.
Its also in Far Cry 2.

They give you the whole key? I did not know that.

No. Have you even ever used Steam? It has services that handle both of these built in to the game's store page and library page,
I have used steam and still use it, maybe I just haven't spent enough of my money on games or researched enough to know of this.

They give you the whole key? I did not know that.

Hey no fair! I only got half of my key!

:cookieMonster:

A question I'm wondering if Badspot can answer is when it does come on steam, will it be installed in the common folder or will it stay in the documents folder?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 02:23:11 PM by deadfall07 »

Hey no fair! I only got half of my key!

:cookieMonster:
Not what I meant friend, I know some games I have like Arma 2 require you to have a key and then steam does it for you automatically. By "whole" or "entire" key, I meant if they actually gave you the entire key. Either be helpful or don't post sarcastic crAp

Well that was uncalled for.
Silly friend, richards are for chicks. Lol, u heard that one???