Author Topic: Server Shader Settings?  (Read 956 times)

Depending on your build, people can see it very differently with or without shaders.  For example, turning off shaders on a dark map designed for zombies can make all of them quite easy to spot without any effort.  I know you can set visible distance which I assume is the same as draw distance, server side in environmental controls, so why not shaders too?  

I'd rather have a consistent environment for everyone in the server for balancing gameplay like I mentioned above and just for everyone to see the same aesthetics.  Otherwise I might have half the server seeing what appears to be a terrible build and another half with shaders on that are playing it like it was made to be played.  Well now that I've explained my reasoning for wanting this, I need to ask, is it possible in the first place?

What about people with bad computers?

Yeah that's a good point.  I think it'd be worth it for the consistency though.  My PC isn't that good but it drives me crazy knowing half the server is probably seeing something completely different and un-intended than how it should be.  And don't forget this isn't any one direction, it could be set to off or on not just on for everyone.  It goes both ways.

Shaders don't greatly impact the game's performance. Shadows are the things that greatly impact the game's performance.

If your computer can't run shaders, you should get a new computer.

cant run shaders intel graghics stuff laptop

Shaders don't greatly impact the game's performance. Shadows are the things that greatly impact the game's performance.

If your computer can't run shaders, you should get a new computer.

yes you are perfectly right
money pls

ik

Like a message that pops up saying that the map is good on low shaders or whatever, and you can pick either no or yes to activate it or deactivate it.