Author Topic: I want to improve in building  (Read 522 times)

I generally suck at building, so I made this topic

Please post your tips on building, how to make them look good etc.
or discuss and stuff

you improve building by building.

Okay. I'm feeling rather silly to link this wherever someone asks for building help.. but I don't want it to go to waste.

I think you could learn some from it. Tips and perhaps inspiration.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=200611.0

you improve building by building.
Unfortunately, this is basically it. Practice is the best thing to do imo

Check out some sites where people post their own (real life) lego creations like MOC-pages or brickshelf.com
Experiment/copy with things you see there in blockland and over time you'll see yourself getting (slightly) better

Okay. I'm feeling rather silly to link this wherever someone asks for building help.. but I don't want it to go to waste.

I think you could learn some from it. Tips and perhaps inspiration.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=200611.0
Check out some sites where people post their own (real life) lego creations like MOC-pages or brickshelf.com
Experiment/copy with things you see there in blockland and over time you'll see yourself getting (slightly) better
Thank you, I'll look at those

I find it easy to base it off of something. Like if you're making a city, and working on a building - go for a walk, or look for specific types of buildings on Google. I sometimes use Google's Street View to get a good idea. Then just recreate the building as closely as possible, but with the twist that it's now made out of plastic bricks.

It's pretty fool-proof actually, there's no way you can go wrong. Unless whatever you're using as a reference does look like crap in real-life.

This can be used for anything really though. Parks, forests, interiors - anything really.

And if what you're trying to build simply doesn't exist in real life, google image search "concept art _mybuildhere_"

Yeah looking at concept art for things can be great too. That's one of the steps developers have when modeling a map. They'll get some concept art and then the modelers will turn that 2D image into a 3-dimensional object to be used in the game - or movie if it's CGI. Plus there is some pretty cool concept art out there for lots of different stuff.

Thanks for all of your help guys
I'll be locking now