Author Topic: iOS Jailbreak/Android Rooting Megathread - Next JB coming @ iOS 7.0  (Read 22682 times)

well then how am I gonna jailbreak my iPhone 4 6.1.3? Downgrade?how do i downgrade

You can't even downgrade from 6.1.3, I don't think. As far as I know...if you've updated, you've screwed yourself. And I feel bad for users wishing to jailbreak, but bought their devices recently with 6.1.3 pre-loaded.

good luck. I've never used sn0wbreeze

redsn0w and greenpois0n are the only others I've ever used

Tomorrow i might, again on my iphone right now

Title is misleading.

6.1.3 will not jailbreak with Evasi0n =/= 6.1.3 cannot be jailbroken

I jailbroke my iPad the other day and I am having a lot of fun with it. I remember when I jailbroke my iPhone 1 oh so many years ago. The problem right now is that when I replace the system font, a lot of my apps become slower/unstable. I.e. my AppStudio program has a hard time just opening some of my works. It is the font too, because I set it back to normal and the app was at normal stability again.

Wait, aren't jailbreaking tablets illegal?

Wait, aren't jailbreaking tablets illegal?

Lol are you dumb. Jailbreaking in all is completely legal.

Badspot, Ephilates or Rotondo remove this post please!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 01:49:37 AM by Executive »

Never mind, stuck with non-jailbroken iOS 6.1.3. :( gonna have to wait until 6.1.4 or 6.2.0 or maybe i have to wait until iOS 7 also 6.1.3 drains battery quick >:( im stuck with the worst tiny little update
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 01:48:49 AM by Executive »

Really the only downside I can think of is the fact that it voids your device's warranty. However, this is no big deal because, should your device need repair from the manufacturer, you can simply restore its original firmware and the manufacturer will not be able to tell you ever jailbroke your device, thus keeping your warranty valid and active.
I'm just going to go ahead and point out that this is probably fraud and illegal. It is the equivalent of peeling off a warranty seal and then sticking it back on.

It doesn't "revalidate" or "reactivate" your warranty, it defrauds the company in order to regain a feature that you legally forfeit.

EDIT: Unless the company says you are allowed to reload the old firmware to regain your warranty, but that is highly unlikely.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 04:17:25 PM by Doomonkey »

I'm just going to go ahead and point out that this is probably fraud and illegal. It is the equivalent of peeling off a warranty seal and then sticking it back on.

It doesn't "revalidate" or "reactivate" your warranty, it defrauds the company in order to regain a feature that you legally forfeit.

EDIT: Unless the company says you are allowed to reload the old firmware to regain your warranty, but that is highly unlikely.
Jailbreaking isn't illegal in any way. Once you void your warranty, it's gone. You can't get it back, at all.