Author Topic: iOS Jailbreak/Android Rooting Megathread - Next JB coming @ iOS 7.0  (Read 22618 times)

Root Droid Bionic with ICS
By following this guide, I am assuming no responsibility for what happens to your phone or computer. Do it right and nothing bad should happen.

0.1 : Connect your phone to your computer and under Settings > Application > enable USB Debugging

0.2 : Go to Device Manager on your computer. You should find something like
ADB Interface
|
|----Mot Composite ADB Interface

But if you don't, download motorola device manager 2.2.28. I cannot provide a link to this EXE.

1 : Download
http://downloadandroidrom.com/file/DroidRazr/rooting/DroidRazrRoot.com_ICS.zip

2 : Extract the zip and open RootWindows.bat, press enter, sit back and relax for a while till it says it is done.

3 : You're already done.

INSTALL CWM
Get the Bionic Bootstrap from google play and install it on your phone.

Run it on your phone when rooted and you will install CWM.

Below : Typical ICS Settings styled menu like the one found in the Droid Bionic's latest OTA update and in the CM10 ROM
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 09:08:08 PM by Pacnet2012³ »

you don't need to make a new post for every single device

Is it true Jailbreaking makes my iPhone 5 slower? I'm afraid to do it.

it'll only be slower if you install a stuff ton of useless things

also, jailbreaking is easily reversable
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 09:10:05 PM by BanishedLetters »

Jailbreaking itself doesn't make it slower, but the whole purpose of jailbreaking is to use apps not approved by Apple.  This means that apps that do slow down your phone will be accepted into Cydia repos.

In other words, jailbreaking doesn't, installing crappy apps does.

So far, I have:
Abstergo loading icon
Batman Wifi symbol
Mario red mushroom 3G symbol
Black app icons

I'll post screenshots later.

my ipod is still 5.0.1 lol

i have so many songs on Mxtube and so much stuff that I don't want to update and re-jailbreak

someone convince me
Data from cydia addons will keep if you back up your device, upgrade and rejailbreak. I don't think the apps will though.

so if i made a backup (with cydia still installed), and then restored my device, if i were to use that backup would it reinstall cydia?

nvm

the loving scary moment when your phone goes into a bootloop

iPhone or Android?

The loving scary moment when I hit an app in a Dreamboard theme and my phone freezes for a minute

I don't get why Android root is in this. There are so many Android phones out there and each have a very specific way to root them. It's not the same for every phone.

iPhone or Android?
Android. My phone's stuck in a CyanogenMod10 bootloop, trying to reset it to default with the stock RUU. If i can't get it, can i still send it in to HTC and pay them? Or if i unlocked the bootloader, is it just void and they won't do anything?

I don't get why Android root is in this. There are so many Android phones out there and each have a very specific way to root them. It's not the same for every phone.

Because it's not about how universal it is to do the process, it's that both processes do the same thing for the user (essentially). If you have questions about the process that goes into your phone, you could certainly post about it here, or just google how to do it and post about stuff that you do with it. That part is up to you.