Poll

Do blood and gore belong in Blockland?

Yes
97 (42.4%)
No
132 (57.6%)

Total Members Voted: 229

Author Topic: Blood and gore  (Read 9303 times)

The mod sets the decal to AAA-None but doesn't include the face, thus keeping that as the one the player uses, so most likely, if you were to remove the part that changes the decal, it will leave it as the player's decal

Ah. I haven't had time to look at the script. Good to know, though.

Ah. I haven't had time to look at the script. Good to know, though.

Anyways, I don't see what you're all complaining about. The blood and gore only occurs if you're killed by a vehicle, it's also disabled by default, and only used in one default gamemode. The normal Blood and Gore Mod - which worked for any kind of death - has been available for a long time, and people have always had the option of using it in their server. I don't see what the fuss is all about. You're getting riled up over some plastic red gibs, and terribly animated blood - incomparable to other games that have graphic gore all over the place, and that kids trick their parents into buying for them.

That's all fine and dandy, I'm not all that concerned about what ignorant parents buy their kids anyway.  However, you're glossing over the main problem with default blood and gore, and that is how ridiculous and out of place it is in a game where the players are cartoony plastic figures.  And besides, the thematic juxtaposition of cutesy toys with graphically violent skin-and-limb removal is unsettling.  Fine, let people use it on their servers if they want to.  I don't like the add-on myself, but as long as it stays out of the vanilla game everything's dandy.

I work on SLIME Blood! it has not done yet...

Look, the blood and gore add-on isn't enabled by default. If you click the "Default" button, it does not select the add-on. The player would have to consciously enable it. I don't understand what the big deal is.

Doesn't bother me, Mods should let you do whatever you want.

Look, the blood and gore add-on isn't enabled by default. If you click the "Default" button, it does not select the add-on. The player would have to consciously enable it. I don't understand what the big deal is.

It's part of SpeedKart, which is a default gamemode.

Maybe this will bump our rating from 8-10 to like 13-16 just so Blockland doesn't look innocent before you find out it's full of douchebags.

rape mod should be default

-snip-

Blood and gore are out of place in Blockland.  Furthermore, some of us find it disturbing, not necessarily in general, but in the context of Blockland.  That's really all there is to it.

Besides, who's to say it will stop there?  What if blood and gore become default on a larger scale?  Okay, so they probably won't, but the encroachment of blood and gore into default content drives me up the wall nonetheless.  I hope you can understand why.

Blood and gore are out of place in Blockland.  Furthermore, some of us find it disturbing, not necessarily in general, but in the context of Blockland.  That's really all there is to it.

Again, it can be disabled. It's basically the same thing if someone had it in their add-ons folder. It's really no different from a normal add-on: not enabled by default and you have to consciously enable it.

Besides, who's to say it will stop there?  What if blood and gore become default on a larger scale?

Take the tin foil hat off your head.

Okay, so they probably won't, but the encroachment of blood and gore into default content drives me up the wall nonetheless.  I hope you can understand why.

I understand where you're coming from but you're being silly. The add-on is hardly used and is only for when a vehicle hits a player in the SpeedKart gamemode. You can always edit the gamemode to disable the blood and gore mod.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 04:50:47 PM by Electrk »

Again, it can be disabled. It's basically the same thing if someone had it in their add-ons folder. It's really no different from a normal add-on: not enabled by default and you have to consciously enable it.

It's part of SpeedKart, which is a default gamemode.

Initiate quote war.

See my edited post.

You can always edit the gamemode to disable the blood and gore mod.

Can't edit it if it's default.