Poll

Do blood and gore belong in Blockland?

Yes
97 (42.4%)
No
132 (57.6%)

Total Members Voted: 229

Author Topic: Blood and gore  (Read 9305 times)

Just because blockland has blood in it won't make it M+. Its vitural/fake looking blood. It just looks like a little dust cloud of blood. I would find it still E+ but if anything maybe 10+. I mean come on, you are made out of blood, you fall and hurt yourself you bleed, you die from getting run over, you bleed no?

People these days are too sensitive over things like this, I honestly don't think any parent would find the blood dust clouds inappropriate.

Can't edit it if it's default.
Workaround, make it read-only. No it will not break stuff.

Can you turn it off?

I never liked the blood and gore mode and rather not have it.

Just because blockland has blood in it won't make it M+. Its vitural/fake looking blood. It just looks like a little dust cloud of blood. I would find it still E+ but if anything maybe 10+. I mean come on, you are made out of blood, you fall and hurt yourself you bleed, you die from getting run over, you bleed no?

People these days are too sensitive over things like this, I honestly don't think any parent would find the blood dust clouds inappropriate.

That's all fine and dandy, I'm not all that concerned about what ignorant parents buy their kids anyway.  However, you're glossing over the main problem with default blood and gore, and that is how ridiculous and out of place it is in a game where the players are cartoony plastic figures.  And besides, the thematic juxtaposition of cutesy toys with graphically violent skin-and-limb removal is unsettling.  Fine, let people use it on their servers if they want to.  I don't like the add-on myself, but as long as it stays out of the vanilla game everything's dandy.

Workaround, make it read-only. No it will not break stuff.

Okay, okay.  So there's a solution to everything, and I'm overreacting a bit.  Still, the fact that it's default means it's put in front of everyone as an option when creating a server, making it that much more likely to run into it while browsing servers.  That doesn't mean I feel like I have to live with it, though.

-snip-

I just did.

Not what I meant, but Altiris covered it anyway so thanks for nothing I guess.

Now you just need to figure out the color thing, and we have colorful Blockhead falling apart when they die.

That doesn't mean I feel like I have to live with it, though.

Well get used to it? I don't know what else to say. It's really not that bad. Okay, it looks a bit out of place - oh well. Not everything can be perfect. I never really knew Blockland had canon, with cartoony themes and all.

I think Gravity Cat's brick blood is much more suited to Blockland than the gore mod.

I think Gravity Cat's brick blood is much more suited to Blockland than the gore mod.

What? I'm seeing the regular Ouch. And in my opinion the Ouch effect is more easy to look at than the gore.

Now you just need to figure out the color thing, and we have colorful Blockhead falling apart when they die.
I just realized the issue, the hand, foot, and chunk debris that go flying with the player's body are just DTS with a red texture on them, i don't think you can color the debris the same way you can color custom player model parts or whatever

True, but it's still pretty out of place. And in a game that attracts 8-10 year olds, it doesn't seem completely appropriate. I just don't think that sort of thing belongs in something like Blockland. If any different kind of death should be implemented, I think it should be one like in the Lego Star Wars games, where the mini-fig falls apart.

This isn't okay for a kid's game.

I've always disliked the mod just because it doesn't fit the game's style.  It's honestly pretty cheap and crappy looking.  The player's parts exploding in a brick-physics type way would be much cooler and probably a lot funnier.

I honestly don't think it's a big deal at all.
It's just you breaking apart, painted red and red mist.
I wouldn't call it blood.

IDEA: Pretend it's ketchup.

And if you don't like it, don't use it.
If a server has it, don't join it.

Or simply ignore it.
Or just don't die.