Author Topic: Server freezes when I type  (Read 1205 times)

Title says it all.

Notes: 
     -This only happens with other people on the server
     -The lag for one letter is minimal / hardly noticeable.  Longer sentences, longer lag.
     -Only recently started to happen to me.  Add-ons don't seem to be the cause.

Badspot

• Administrator
Add-ons don't seem to be the cause.

Things are not always as they seem.  Trace, then type, examine console. 

Things are not always as they seem.  Trace, then type, examine console. 

I'll do this later tonight.  If a particular add-on is causing this, then I'll make sure to post which one.

The console log was over 62mb in just a few seconds of having it on after tracing...

I see gaze mod loving up in there for a while, then it stops...  I didn't have chat lag issues this time however.  The MAIN problem this time was that I couldn't type.

"Server Flood protection:  -27 seconds remaining" and counting.  It just kept going into the negatives.

I hit print-screen... and then shut down Blockland... and forgot that it doesn't save the Windows screen capture after exiting the program.  So, sorry. 

...still a problem after turning off Gaze mod, so uploading another...

I'll wait for a reply for now.  I don't have an onChat add-on enabled, same goes for Velocity.

This problem has gotten worse... people on my server for more than a few minutes freeze up.

I still get the horrible lag when chatting, and I turned off even more add-ons.

How much memory you got on your computer?I had the same problem, I deleted unused stuff and it didn't freeze up chats again.

Try disabling all your addons. If you dont crash without any addons, then an addon is obviously causing it.

Try disabling all your addons. If you dont crash without any addons, then an addon is obviously causing it.

I tried disabling all of the add-on, and in turn, I no longer had the problem.  However, the problem occurs when I have a ton of bricks spawned at once.

How much memory you got on your computer?I had the same problem, I deleted unused stuff and it didn't freeze up chats again.

Too much to use.

I guess this is the last bump... after this I guess it's dieing.

Turning off half the add-ons I have on, the problem persists.

Turning those back on, and the other half off... and the problem persists.  This problem happens when there is a significant number of bricks loaded at once.  It never has done this in the past.  There is no specific add-on causing the problem, and I have a minimal amount of them actually turned on.

My computer is virus free, according to two virus/malware scanners and Comodo firewall.

This problem does not happen with Mr. Nobody hosting using the same add-ons and the same build (as in, the build we tested this with.)

Badspot

• Administrator
Event_onChatMessage is a brain dead add-on that does a huge radius search every time someone chats.  Remove it. 

Event_onChatMessage is a brain dead add-on that does a huge radius search every time someone chats.  Remove it. 

This was the major problem with my chat lagging, thank you.  It's funny, because turning it off with lots of other add-ons still left a problem where I was lagging uncontrollably, but this is a separate issue stemming from the Default Minigame add-on.

The chat problem is solved, however.  This add-on is the problem.