Author Topic: RTB Development  (Read 34640 times)

I still can't see what server my friend is playing on.

Hey Ephi, do you have an estimate when you will release the next RTB update?

Because he deactivated it.
You can hide the server you're on

We did this same thing a few pages back. If you want me to fix something for you then you're going to have to say what the problem is and not just make a snide remark with no details. I'm just going to remove your posts in this thread if you want to continue wasting my time and being unhelpful.

I think he's referring to the IP: thing.

There could be one of two things causing this.

Your friend turned off the option to show what server he's playing on.

or
The server he's on turned off the option to show what players are on the server.

This is not a bug.

We did this same thing a few pages back. If you want me to fix something for you then you're going to have to say what the problem is and not just make a snide remark with no details. I'm just going to remove your posts in this thread if you want to continue wasting my time and being unhelpful.
It's pretty obvious which issue it is considering that you claimed you specifically didn't want to release that fix alone. It's been two months and you haven't pushed the 2-line update that fixes so many features.

It's not a snide remark; you're just looking for an excuse to delete my posts.

It's pretty obvious which issue it is considering that you claimed you specifically didn't want to release that fix alone. It's been two months and you haven't pushed the 2-line update that fixes so many features.

It's not a snide remark; you're just looking for an excuse to delete my posts.
i'm still not clear what the issue is and i've seen you post about it in 3 different topics. in case you haven't noticed, i am and therefore are viewing very few topics. somehow, i've still managed to find you mentioning them 3 different times. that must be almost impossible statistically without you spamming the forget about this problem in all boards everywhere.

despite ephi not helping, and me agreeing that he should implement something that is allegedly this simple, i can't get behind you if you don't loving tell people what the problem is

copy-paste the relevant lines then put the fixed version and be done with this bullstuff. if you can't manage that then i'm sorry to say (with certainty) that you're just whoring for attention and that you are a dumbforget like everyone is saying. I had much higher hopes for you kalphiter. Have you even pushed out an update to your service yet?

keep it simple and fix the problem, kalphiter, stop playing this stuffty game. maybe ephi will too, if you start being cordial..?

side jab - kalphiter, i've been standing behind you when ephi was unjustly removing your stuff from his topic. (I had to stop because it was literally bad for my health, being angry all the time) but now, i'm unable to back you up even in moral support if you don't produce the loving content.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 01:41:18 PM by Lugnut »

Yes it is.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=223980.msg6323240#msg6323240
oh is that the problem? okay kalphiter, post the magical code that fixes this stuff so its just copy-paste for ephi and we'll see what excuses he'll make about a stuffty strReplace oops, nevermind, wrong way around

oh is that the problem? okay kalphiter, post the magical code that fixes this stuff so its just copy-paste for ephi and we'll see what excuses he'll make about a stuffty strReplace oops, nevermind, wrong way around
Delete line 1538 in modules/client/connectClient.cs and line 129 in modules/server/authentication.cs

Yes it is.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=223980.msg6323240#msg6323240
That's odd, because I can see what servers my friends are playing on.

I just can't join them through RTB, which is a completely different thing.

That's odd, because I can see what servers my friends are playing on.
That's strange, for me it always shows "playing" or "hosting" but not what

"2-line" was an arbitrary description of the fix. It was a guess and I made it up. This is specifically what needs to be changed:

Code: (serverInformation.cs) [Select]
   %ip = getSubStr(%address,0,strPos(%address,":"));
Code: [Select]
   %ip = %address;

Code: (authentication.cs) [Select]
         %address = getSubStr(%address,3,strLen(%address));
         %address = strReplace(%address,":"," "); 
Code: (authentication.cs) [Select]
         %address = strReplace(%address,":"," "); 

It turned out to be exactly two lines that needed to be removed. Fixing these two code segments will make server information and something else work again.

Side-note:
Code: [Select]
         if(strPos(%ip,"192.") $= 0 || strPos(%ip,"10.") $= 0)
            %address = "NWK "@%ip@":"@%port;

(That doesn't account for 172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255)

Good. The ball is in ephi's court now.