Author Topic: RTB Development  (Read 34387 times)

That reminds me, is there any way to allow text to be copied directly out of RTB conversations without all the formatting tags coming along as well?

I'm not sure - I've not really looked into it. I doubt there's a callback I can hijack or anything.

select the text with your mouse and hit ctrl c?
That causes all the formatting tags to come along as well. If I paste it anywhere out of Blockland like a steam chat or text document it has all the <font:Verdana:12> stuff with it.

I'm not sure - I've not really looked into it. I doubt there's a callback I can hijack or anything.

Package the setClipBoard(%text) function, check if an RTB chat window is in focus, and then stripMLControlChars(%text).

Nevermind, apparently it doesn't get called.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 05:13:20 PM by Greek2me »

Thinking about categories for player chat rooms at the moment to help with filtering. I've got the following I've come up with:

Clans
 Servers
 Modding
 General
 Drama
 Help
 Off-Topic

They're legit just categories I've pulled out of my ass so suggestions for different categories would be awesome if anyone's got any ideas about what they'd use their chatroom for.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 01:46:51 PM by Ephialtes »

I think "Discussion" should be renamed to "General", as "Discussion" is really what all the categories are used for

Nice - I'll update the list as we go.

Difference between general and off-topic being?

lol'd at drama category

Private invite-only rooms?

Difference between general and off-topic being?

I guess general is in relation to Blockland, off-topic is anything.

Private invite-only rooms?

Definitely, but that's not a category. On that topic however, how do people think invite-only rooms should work? Would it essentially be an access list of permitted people or a one-time one-use invite to the room that expires once you leave?

how do people think invite-only rooms should work? Would it essentially be an access list of permitted people or a one-time one-use invite to the room that expires once you leave?
I think the user should have an option to have a whitelist or a one-time invite system.

Definitely, but that's not a category.
IMO, privates shouldn't need to be categorized though, so in a sense it'd be.

On that topic however, how do people think invite-only rooms should work? Would it essentially be an access list of permitted people or a one-time one-use invite to the room that expires once you leave?
I'd say one-time one-use sounds best for the use-case, if you need anything permanent you'll probably use something else anyway (Skype/Mumble?).

IMO I don't think public rooms will be used enough to justify all those categories, they will just end up looking empty and dead. Not sure categories should be such a big thing, after the first few weeks of people trying it out, I doubt there will be enough rooms to warrant them.

IMO I don't think public rooms will be used enough to justify all those categories, they will just end up looking empty and dead. Not sure categories should be such a big thing, after the first few weeks of people trying it out, I doubt there will be enough rooms to warrant them.
For once, I agree.