RTB Development

Author Topic: RTB Development  (Read 34394 times)

Looks pretty awesome, but when is making your own RTB Chat Room going to be finished....?

Not really ... if the server password changes then the user won't know what it is.
if the user doesn't know what the password is, the user shouldn't be inviting other users

if the user doesn't know what the password is, the user shouldn't be inviting other users

Ok ... To make this more simple for you, imagine the following scenario:

1. User joins a server with a password.
2. User invites a friend.
3. Server admin changes the password.
4. Friend tries to join.

That's a perfectly legitimate scenario which just cannot work with what you're proposing.

Not to be too off-topic, but I was thinking of trying out your RTB hosting service. But, I have 1 question;

How does the add-on management work? Do i get an FTP line to the server directory? Or is only approved RTB add-ons?

Not to be too off-topic, but I was thinking of trying out your RTB hosting service. But, I have 1 question;

How does the add-on management work? Do i get an FTP line to the server directory? Or is only approved RTB add-ons?

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=215339.0

Post questions about the RTB Hosting Service in the RTB Hosting Service thread so that people looking for questions and answers about the RTB Hosting Service will find them in the RTB Hosting Service thread please. There's even a heading called "Add-On Management" in the first post of the thread.

one thing i'd like to see is cloud syncing of prefs/avatars/addons/whatever between computers

one thing i'd like to see is cloud syncing of prefs/avatars/addons/whatever between computers
This would be nice.

Totally, that's always been the direction I've wanted to go in with RTB. A while back we'd planned to change the name to Blockland Cloud because the idea was to store all of your everything in "the cloud" however that name kinda got stolen and soiled by some troll - but the idea is still the same.

If I were ever going to re-write RTB from the ground up it'd all be built around that central principle but honestly that seems pretty unlikely given it makes no money and I don't have the time I had when I was in school.

Totally, that's always been the direction I've wanted to go in with RTB. A while back we'd planned to change the name to Blockland Cloud because the idea was to store all of your everything in "the cloud" however that name kinda got stolen and soiled by some troll - but the idea is still the same.

If I were ever going to re-write RTB from the ground up it'd all be built around that central principle but honestly that seems pretty unlikely given it makes no money and I don't have the time I had when I was in school.
recruit some coders!
you'd have to trust them, though

recruit some coders!
you'd have to trust them, though
Yeah he has a point, you don't need to do it all yourself, there are quite a bit of coders around here that could help you. (I'm not one of them, sadly.)

Man, that sucks. Blockland Cloud sounds way better than 'RTB'.

So excited about rtb buffet and chat rooms!  :cookieMonster:

Bad - I'm busy with life and RTB Hosting when I have the time for Blockland.