Author Topic: RTB Development  (Read 34365 times)

Good. The ball is in ephi's court now.
The problem is that he's already known about this for two months but decided to leave the features broken.

That's strange, for me it always shows "playing" or "hosting" but not what

There's settings that each individual client/server can set to disable this.

The problem is that he's already known about this for two months but decided to leave the features broken.
known and acknowledged, yes. But now you've done the work for him - all he has to do is copy paste and push an update. I can't see a way for him to excuse out of this.

known and acknowledged, yes. But now you've done the work for him - all he has to do is copy paste and push an update. I can't see a way for him to excuse out of this.
He knows how to fix it but he refuses to update it. I'm criticizing and asking about that.

Nope - if there's an update you'll get a notification via the ingame auto-updater and I'll probably post in this thread too.

Nope - if there's an update you'll get a notification via the ingame auto-updater and I'll probably post in this thread too.
By "update" I meant news status.

Wait so RTB v4.1 isn't coming out anyone soon? I don't want to be rude but what causes the updates to take so log? Is it difficult to code/a mess right now? Or are you just not in the mood to code currently?

(I'm not trying to criticize or anything)

Between a full time job, social life, workouts, maintaing the part of RTB people are paying money for and various other responsibilities I don't end up with as much time for RTB as I used to have. On top of all that it's getting increasingly harder to be motivated enough to put the remainder of my free time into a project that actually costs me ~$85 a month in hosting fees, particularly when you get mondays like Lugnut and co. posting the kind of stuff you see on the last couple of pages on this thread.

Not complaining, of course - that's just why it's taking so long. I'll have a new release soon enough.

I will be willing to help with anything. :cookieMonster:

we do appreciate your work

This, even though updates don't come often, RTB really is the backbone of the modding community and in-game communication whether or not anyone else wants to admit it.

We really do, Ephi. Thanks.

I will be willing to help with anything. :cookieMonster:
I can also say the same, and I'm positive that any scripter with time on their hands would agree.

This, even though updates don't come often, RTB really is the backbone of the modding community and in-game communication whether or not anyone else wants to admit it.
Is it? Yes.
Do people "admit" it? Yes.
Should it be? Maybe not.

Ephialtes, you're doing this cause you want to. You love the community even though some people can't understand that.
forget all of the wannabe's.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 04:16:21 AM by Sanny »