Author Topic: Adjust font type but not size (or detect client font size)  (Read 873 times)

I want to use the <font: tag to change a chat message's font without changing the chat size (because the client has a custom value for this). Is there any way to do this?

Sadly, no. The font tag essentially hardcodes the font settings, where as the chat has their custom settings applied to it when just the raw data (and color) is sent normally.

Bump: There should be a "curr" font code or something similar so that mods could use <font:verdana:curr> or <font:curr:40>, changing font style or size without affecting the other.

Bump: There should be a "curr" font code or something similar so that mods could use <font:verdana:curr> or <font:curr:40>, changing font style or size without affecting the other.
There should be as there is, or there should be as in we need one?

You can do this with my Custom TML Parser.

That would require a client-sided part. If you could do that, you might as well just send the size setting to the server.

That would require a client-sided part. If you could do that, you might as well just send the size setting to the server.
No, you could parse it server-sided and then send the parsed string to the client.

No, you could parse it server-sided and then send the parsed string to the client.

I think you missed the entire point of this topic.

You're right, I did. Nevermind.