Author Topic: Instant respawn after tumbling  (Read 989 times)

I've noticed that whenever I stop tumbling, say after skiing and crashing, I'm instantly respawned.  Furthermore, this doesn't happen on all servers.  My question is, what causes this?  Is it an effect of an add-on or is it a new default feature?  And either way, how do I disable this effect?

If it doesn't happen on all servers, it's an add-on causing it. Try testing with and without Gamemode_SpeedKart.

If it doesn't happen on all servers, it's an add-on causing it. Try testing with and without Gamemode_SpeedKart.

Gamemode_SpeedKart was disabled to begin with, and enabling it hasn't fixed anything.  The only other thing I can think of that might cause it would be Slayer, but I need that for what I'm doing.

Nope, definitely not Slayer.  After disabling it, clicking after wiping out still respawns you.  Of note, this happens on Port's server too.

Of note, this happens on Port's server too.

It runs Gamemode_SpeedKart which also seems to be creating a few other issues such as deadly water, unpowered vehicles, etc.

I had that problem today as well

So, what we know so far
  • Slayer doesn't cause it.
  • Speedkart doesn't cause it.
  • It never happened on Beefcaik's

Disable all add-ons. Enable them one by one until you find it. Post results.

Further findings:
  • The instant respawn only happens if you press primary fire while tumbling.  It doesn't happen if you jump, or if you click after you've come to a stop.
  • After disabling all add-ons except for skis, then tumbling and firing, the instant respawn happens.
  • After enabling every single add-on I have, waiting like half an hour for my server to start, and doing it again, the instant respawn happens.
  • It seems to happen regardless of admin status.
  • Beefcaik's is still the only server I've seen since the last update where the instant respawn doesn't happen.

All very inconclusive.  It'd be nice if someone who does know what this is all about would lend a hand.

If it happened without any add-ons enabled then this is probably a bug due to the new camera updates and you should let Badspot know.