50 (48.1%)
Flat plain, no cover
3 (2.9%)
Flat plain, some cover
10 (9.6%)
Other (please tell)
5 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Airsoft thread. This topics still alive and well!  (Read 104607 times)

add these to the UK retailers.

www.onlybbguns.co.uk - sells Two-Toned (uk legal) airsoft guns and accessories at a reasonable price. ( i order from here 8) )
www.zerooneairsoft.co.uk - sells RIF (realistic imitation firearms, with a Two-Tone paint service too) airsoft and accessories.
www.justbbguns.co.uk - sells two-toned (uk legal) airsoft guns and accessories at an okay price. be careful; jbb has been known to over exaggerate their products.
www.surplusstore.co.uk - sells two toned and RIF airsoft along with surplus clothing, boots, etc.
Added
At some point I'll probably replace all the names in the OP with actual links.

Triforce you're a pr0 modder right

What's a good cosmetic suppressor length for a carbine-- 195mm is a realistic length for a 556 replica but I feel like if it's too long the bb will spin up and hit the inside of the suppressor

buy a suppressor with a barrel extension? Also if it has that much backspin, that would make the gun highly in-accurate. I have a 6 inch suppressor on my m4, and a 10 inch suppressor on my PDW. Both have larger inner diameters then the 6.03 tightbore barrels, no problem with the bbs hitting the inner wall.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 06:04:52 PM by -Triforce- »

Well shoot it never occurred to me that the inside of the suppressor would be nearly as tight as inner barrels

Well shoot it never occurred to me that the inside of the suppressor would be nearly as tight as inner barrels

They aren't. They should be used to cover up inner barrels longer than the outer barrel on a gun.

There are suppressors with an inner barrel inside them to act as an extension. I own one.. http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/6mm-solution-power-up-silencer-for-ksc-kwa-umarex-mp7-smg-22021.html This is what I have, modified the hell out of it.. But I know there are more
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 08:03:54 PM by -Triforce- »

I know there are, but like 80% of mock suppressors are barrel shrouds.

True, and even if they aren't used for a barrel shroud and just aesthetics, it shouldn't effect the shot unless the hop-up is really screwy.

I've searched around and I've read some people without extensions have no problem using a 220mm and others having issues with a 155mm or shorter. I guess it's dependent on hop-up quality and muzzle velocity, but to be safe I'll get something shorter than 5 inches. I would just upgrade the inner barrel, but I'm a penny pincher on a budget and want to use that money to buy new piston and cylinder heads

also, reflex or tube styled red-dot? My current reflex's 5 MOA is freaking annoying

Reflex, The tube sights are clunky and no good when they are off brand. The reflex also comes with 4 different reticles.
I know thats not saying much, but I owned a very similar sight to the one you posted.. I think it was a aimpoint with a laser. I sold it 30 days after buying it. the parallaxing was horrid, and not to mention the ghosting on the dot.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 06:10:11 PM by -Triforce- »

The problem with lasers is how easy they are to see during any sort of night battle.

i need some suggestions for a GBB pistol. preferably under $100

I've had an NCStar tube sight for close to maybe three years now and it still functions great. Mostly anti-parallaxed, and no ghosting. I had gotten a cantilever mount for it about 7 or 8 months ago because my mask wouldn't let me get my face down low enough on the rifle to see down my sights.

would an mp7 AEG mag work with the WELL R4 MP7?

I don't see why it shouldn't, they both run the same gearbox and hopup system. if anything the mags will wiggle in the pistol grip. Just add a little tape ;)