Just got Windows 8.

Author Topic: Just got Windows 8.  (Read 1763 times)

I have it too, its pretty nice I will say that. However if you have windows 7 its not a MUST upgrade even though its better.

Just a note, I also use the start menu for quick news updates, because the buttons do things when left alone!

Anyone know of a way to put shortcuts on the start menu?

I'm not having much problem getting into computer files and such.

I can even see hidden files.

Getting into computer files is easy on any version of windows. As for seeing hidden files, that is literally an option you can turn on and off.

I'm talking about making files and editing them.

I have it too, its pretty nice I will say that. However if you have windows 7 its not a MUST upgrade even though its better.

this

there isn't a huge difference between 7 and 8 for desktops

if you want 8 then feel free to upgrade because some parts are faster and it feels nicer but its not significantly better than 7

i love windows 8

my current desktop

Lke what?

System files/odd extensions.
Well for that matter, I can't figure out how to make any files and have them display on the win8 desktop.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 12:43:55 AM by Mr.Noßody »

System files/odd extensions.
It's no different than windows 7 in that manner.

my brother has windows 8 and taking a look at it it doesn't look too bad

The next windows OS should be called Windows 10

they should just skip all that 9 bullstuff and go straight for the money IMHO

I love Windows 8, I heard bad rumors that turned me away from it, but when I tried it and I got used to it, I really like it.

Also for you guys wondering the start button isn't gone, its just been hidden into a corner, and if you right click on it you get a legacy start menu sort of thing thats like the old start menu.

Apps are optional, but I like them, you can still install things the old way, and you actually gain performance and speed if you upgrade and you meet the requirements.

I like it more than XP, but XP will never be forgotten.
You guys should upgrade if you can, its not bad at all, theres just bad rumors about it.

And it's amazing.

Any questions about Windows 8?

I got it

loving amazing

Better than 7

Windows 8 users, search for a program called OblyTile.

It will allow you to easily create a tile for any program, and look what it let me do!

i love windows 8

my current desktop
PLEASE, I BEG OF YOU, GIVE ME THOSE ICONS. And how to i make folder names at the top like that?