Ingame Mic Chat?

Author Topic: Ingame Mic Chat?  (Read 4173 times)

Because it would be useful when people dont know what how to talk and they Rage quit. and most importantly you can talk and ingnore the chat like in TF2! also it suprised my blockland didnt have it.

pretty sure no ones blockland was suprised by the fact

What if we had text-to-speech instead, like Moonbase Alpha? (totally joking)

What if we had text-to-speech instead, like Moonbase Alpha? (totally joking)
i would actually enjoy that

this should be in S&R, and this has been requested a thousand times and no one's gotten the point

the engine doesn't provide that unless badspot somehow edited the engine to make it his own idk

Because it would be useful when people dont know what how to talk and they Rage quit. and most importantly you can talk and ingnore the chat like in TF2! also it suprised my blockland didnt have it.
Can you quit comparing Blockland to every Source game?
Every one of your suggestions have been to implement something from a Source game into Blockland.

the engine doesn't provide that unless badspot somehow edited the engine to make it his own
sorcery

you're suggesting this because some players cant find the letter 't' on their keyboard? I'm sure Badspot would've implemented voice chat already if he felt it was a good idea, but frankly it's not.

Also Tri Vision is when you use three monitors to get a Full FOV

also lol
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=217837.0
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 01:37:47 AM by Spectrum² »

I've been to Blockland based Skype calls.  And I've got mixed feelings about it.  While yes, the sound of a twelve-year-old... what would you call it, screeching?  squawking?, over skype isn't exactly appealing... I've had some very nice Skype calls with a variety of people.  It really depends on the people in the call.  So if Badspot could implement some sort of volume limit, and a way to manage the people who are allowed to speak, voice chat could be a ffffffine attribute to the game.  It's a more personal way of communicating, and... you can still build while talking.  So it makes the time spent in a server a bit more productive.

Also thank you HotHat for making these topics.  I think the answers to questions like these really need to be reevaluated.

should be implemented when we get greenlit

God no, if a server had 10+ people all using voice chat it'd be a clusterforget of voices and you wouldn't be able to hear anything. Chat is fine, it works fine, you can scroll back up through the chat to read what people have said, this is a bad idea.

the engine doesn't provide that unless badspot somehow edited the engine to make it his own idk
Badspot can edit the engine however he wants, and in effect it already is a custom engine.

God no, if a server had 10+ people all using voice chat it'd be a clusterforget of voices and you wouldn't be able to hear anything. Chat is fine, it works fine, you can scroll back up through the chat to read what people have said, this is a bad idea.
The cluster of voices isn't a reality. Even with other games that have 16+ players, its not going to be alot of chatter unless someone starts a conversation which isnt a problem. To fix this, there would need to be a mute option in the player list. Simple and easy.
Badspot can edit the engine however he wants, and in effect it already is a custom engine.
this

The cluster of voices isn't a reality. Even with other games that have 16+ players, its not going to be alot of chatter unless someone starts a conversation which isnt a problem. To fix this, there would need to be a mute option in the player list. Simple and easy.this
It seems like too much messing around, there's nothing wrong with our current chat system and this isn't really needed, in my opinion.

It's crazy people still ask for this. Think of another sandbox game that has voice chat and don't say GMod because that's a mod on top of a game with voice chat.

Voice chat is for being able to talk to teammates while you're doing something without having to stop and type - there's no use for that in Blockland, it's a sandbox game. If you want voice chat, launch via the steam overlay or use mumble or skype or teamspeak or whatever.

Loads of people in this thread are trying to compromise by saying "yeah we need muting, only approved players can talk blah blah" well all the options I just gave do exactly that.

It's not being added, ever. I guarantee it.