Spawn detection

Author Topic: Spawn detection  (Read 547 times)

How do I notice that I finished loading and spawned, client-sided?

If there is no default function called, use your head to figure something out. Maybe package both loading gui on wake and loading gui on sleep and check if you have a player control object? It's not rocket science, and how many times have i said this now? Use the trace function.

This gets very close to what you want :
function onPhase3Complete()
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 03:32:30 PM by Pacnet2012³ »

^infinite loop. forgot parent:: ^_^. And I'm pretty sure there are tons of ways you can detect this

^infinite loop. forgot parent:: ^_^. And I'm pretty sure there are tons of ways you can detect this
There are. It would be most beneficial for OP to trace by himself, test various methods, and report back here to tell us which method worked best

There are. It would be most beneficial for OP to trace by himself, test various methods, and report back here to tell us which method worked best
Found out that PlayGui::onWake is called when the loading screen disappears and you basically "enter the game".

Found out that PlayGui::onWake is called when the loading screen disappears and you basically "enter the game".

I found there are actually a couple complications with using that when making my own mods, and it is better to go with PlayGui::OnRender(%gui)

I found there are actually a couple complications with using that when making my own mods, and it is better to go with PlayGui::OnRender(%gui)
Oh ok, I'll use onrender then