Scripting Ideas

Author Topic: Scripting Ideas  (Read 2168 times)

I can't find any worthwhile scripts to make, so if someone has an idea for a mostly script-based add-on (not a weapon or vehicle, etc.) but maybe a game-mode, a Server_ Client_ or Script_ mod, or something else, can you give me ideas?

A better save gui for servers. Which allows you to organize and put saves into folders.

Make an entire new save system.

Make an entire new save system.
This is hard to do because it requires client and server-sided functions, and then requires badspot to protect those functions before hell breaks loose with garbage like autoban on saving

This is hard to do because it requires client and server-sided functions, and then requires badspot to protect those functions before hell breaks loose with garbage like autoban on saving
no it doesn't

i made a saving system once. i never fully debugged it though. it's a nice project i guess, and if you made one that was efficient and allowed for additional variables and whatnot for saving, that'd be a good thing
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 04:50:42 PM by otto-san »

He wants an entire new save system so it does
server-sided saving

server-sided saving
oh
I was thinking about what happens when you click the "save" button on the menu
Because that needs to be improved

A VCE brick saving and loading add-on that goes through all the bricks in the server and saves the bricks's current VCE variables, if they have any, and saves it to a file linking the VCE variables to their brick IDs. You could have GUIs or just simply cmd commands for the saving and loading of the brick VCE variables. Remember the VCE variables should be saved and loaded to their correct brick IDs.

for the most part you can do it clientsided only.

Do it
Do it
Do it
DO IT.

As a suggestion this could be a good idea.
Even if it's through chat commands, It would still work out. Somewhat.

i made something like this

it has a brick category called "item buying" and you can select items, plant a "chest" temp brick, and place it to spawn an item spawn for like 20 seconds. It also works with music so you can play music on your player by placing a brick.

for the most part you can do it clientsided only.
Can you figure out the brick owners client-sided

i made something like this

it has a brick category called "item buying" and you can select items, plant a "chest" temp brick, and place it to spawn an item spawn for like 20 seconds. It also works with music so you can play music on your player by placing a brick.
I've also done this before.

To bad I lost it all.

make a game that kind of looks like a lego game but tweaked a little, where you can play on single player or on multiplayer and you can join other people's games and create things with them.