Gaze Mod Fix

Author Topic: Gaze Mod Fix  (Read 704 times)

As of now Gaze Mod (on player look at events) is breaks bottom print messages. All bottom prints won't show up at all with this mod on.

I request that the mod is cleaned up and fixed. It is far to useful to be flawed like that.
I've contacted Xalos: the creator, about it but it seems he hasn't torched it since.
Can somebody please fix Gaze Mod?

I am actually quite sure the problem lies in its feature that displays player names of the player your looking at. From what I can gather it constantly checks and displays nothing if your not looking at a player effectively breaking all other bottom prints.

I'm sure a simple removal of this would fix everything..

If I'm correct, Id be able to fix it myself.
I'll attempt this when I get home.

Well, I tried. I have no idea what I'm going or what part of the code to look at.

Can someone who knows what they're doing look into this please?

« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 12:36:32 PM by Electrk »

As of now Gaze Mod (on player look at events) is breaks bottom print messages. All bottom prints won't show up at all with this mod on.

I request that the mod is cleaned up and fixed. It is far too useful to be flawed like that.
I've contacted Xalos, the creator, about it but it seems he hasn't touched it since.
Can somebody please fix Gaze Mod?
Might wanna fix those. ;)

Might wanna fix those. ;)

No.
If you can't read or understand what I said, you may leave.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22706254/Server_Gaze.zip

I removed all mentions of bottomPrint. This should work.

Has syntax errors and does not work.
Thanks for trying though.
(That's about what I tried)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 09:00:34 PM by Mr.Noßody »

Pretty sure I figured out what the problem was. The gameConnection::BottomPrint function was packaged incorrectly because in a recent update a new argument was added to the bottomPrint function. This is easy to fix, just replace the code from lines 325 to 336 with the following:

Code: [Select]
function GameConnection::bottomPrint(%cl, %msg, %time, %bar)
{
if(!%cl.gazing)
{
%cl.stopGazing();
if(%time <= 0)
%cl.startGazing = %cl.schedule(60000, "startGazing");   //Cap time of one minute. That's long enough for any useful info.
else
%cl.startGazing = %cl.schedule(%time * 1000, "startGazing");
}
Parent::bottomPrint(%cl, %msg, %time, %bar);
}

If this works, you could probably just send the updated file to Xalos and I bet he would be happy to overwrite the current download with a new one with this file.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 09:38:41 PM by pecon98 »

uh, this was failed because of how many loops there were going for each player

--

This doesn't actually change anything.
However, now bottom prints actually work, but oddly. They only appear after the second time its activated.

This doesn't actually change anything.
Yes it does. I don't think you noticed that the old function was missing a parameter.

However, now bottom prints actually work, but oddly. They only appear after the second time its activated.
I suspect this was always a problem.

I suspect this was always a problem.

But thats what I wanted fixed.
It is a problem with Gaze Mod.

The gaze mod's functional input events simply don't work.  If you use "onGaze" for any type of messaging, it simply doesn't show up.  If it does show up, in some rare instance, then it abruptly kills itself and disappears.