Information tip boxes for events

Author Topic: Information tip boxes for events  (Read 1098 times)

Something like this:

I only used a default function as an example, the real purpose of adding support for help tips would help event developers get people to use more advanced events without having to consult a manual somewhere to figure out what to do. If someone is clicked into a box and doesn't type in anything for a few seconds, this little note would show up and tell the person what that input box controls.

What would be nice would be another parameter for the registerOutputEvent function where this help tip could be written

That's a lovely idea. Some stuff took me a while to figure out and this would speed the process up greatly for newer players.

Would it be client sided or server?

Would it be client sided or server?
Why and how would it be client sided?

Why and how would it be client sided?
No idea, but you would obviously need a client anyways.

How about it pops up when you hover over it?

How about it pops up when you hover over it?
That's a nice idea. Having the info boxes everywhere would be annoying.

tooltips would be great. we'd need obviously need Badspot to add a way for add-on makers to use them though. this would be best handled by Badspot.

Yes it would best be handled by badspot
No, that doesn't mean that a mod can't do it. But for the mod there would need to be both a server sided addon and a client sided one.

No, it can only be handled by Badspot, or someone with the source code. The engine function registerOutputEvent() needs to be modified

No, it can only be handled by Badspot
Other people can do it too

Other people can do it too
or someone with the source code
I don't believe the mods have access to the source code, though

I don't believe the mods have access to the source code, though
Anyone can potentially get most of the source code iirc.

Seriously guys, stop posting if you don't really know what you're talking about. This would be the source code for the eventing system, the part that Badspot made himself and does not come with any other version of TGE

Show me how to get tge 1.2/3 then

Also rewriting the registeroutputevent function is possible to do but would be incredibly stupid to do