Newcomers; A guide to "How not to get crucified by the community!"

Author Topic: Newcomers; A guide to "How not to get crucified by the community!"  (Read 1971 times)

Please add to OP the whole spamming of cookies, cookie monster, etc--Thats kind of annoying.

My teacher says to THINK before you speak, and she put up this sign on the wall that says:

T is it true?
H is it honoring?
I is it inspiring?
N is it necessary?
K is it kind?
Add that to OP.

Or:

Forum Logic:
T is it Trolling? <-Probably.
H is it Hurtful? <- Probably.
I is it Incriminating? <- Probably.
N is it Necessary? <- Probably not.
K is it a Kitty? <- Probably.

bumping is dissaproved of
It actually depends how you do it. If you bump a topic you like or your own topic that's about half a day old or so and isn't that far the pages, it's probably okay.

If you bump a topic that is weeks old, you'll probably get bombed with "Why did you bump this" stuff.
Damn, I am such a hypocrite.

i think we need a Forums; A guide to "Self control and not crucifying the community!"

Do all these things only apply to new people? Because I see many long time established users breaking all of these fake rules and no one cares.
Are you guys just looking to raise some peons to happily remain beneath YOU? This topic is clearly all about buying acceptance.
This does not apply to "new" people. As said in the OP;

This doesn't just apply to newcomers either. We can have players who have been on the forums for a long time suddenly go on a mass thread pollution.

And I'll make sure to add everyones contribution to the OP as well. I'm aiming that we have not a SET OF RULES but
 a nice list of GREAT ADVICE from actual players to help make the forums a better environment for the people who don't understand common sense.

edit: Quote list listed, for some good advice from actual forum people and not just myself to help the whole reason.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 11:01:14 PM by Dillpickle »

dont pay attention to forum wide drama
This helps you a lot

dont pay attention to forum wide drama
This helps you a lot
eeeeeh.
it's nice to know what's going on at the least. Maybe who to stay away from, who to keep an eye on. It's just like news media.

In regards to posting instructions:

Posting options:

To use these options, simply highlight the text of your posts and hit the button that you want. Buttons that I did not label are ones you will probably never use.
So Bold text would look like
Code: [Select]
[b]Bold text[/b](I used the "Bold" button and the "Code" button)

To post images, you need an image hosting site. Any will do, but I use Tinypic. Once you get the URL, copy/paste it into a post and put the Image tags around it:
Code: [Select]
[IMG][/IMG] and the image should be displayed. This can be done by highlighting the copied URL and hitting the "Image Tag" button. Use the Preview button at the bottom of your post window next to the Post button to see if it worked.

If you do get banned for a week, take that time to think about your actions. Once that period of time is over, apologies to the forums BUT DON'T MAKE A THREAD ABOUT HOW SORRY YOU ARE! Some users will accept if you are sorry, the others will flame you for coming back and making a topic.

That's pretty useful.

A lot of great contributions to the quote section.

Very good job. Bout time some made one of these..

Very good job. Bout time some made one of these..
Thank you. I thought the same thing. I hope this can get sticky'd or appreciated more somehow. I'll send it to Badspot and see if there's any criticism he has for me.