Coolest playable race?

Human
Avian
Apex
Floran
Hylotl
Glitch
Novakid

Author Topic: Starbound Megathread - Version 1.3.2  (Read 776077 times)

or you could just post the planet coords
...didn't know it was persistent.. interesting.

-99497725 -95349647

Far (and i mean /far/) to the right; There's an anchor that leads to a skyship. Get up there and find the quartermaster out of all the avian and there you go.

my crappy axe does 55 damage, 1-hit kills xD

is there a way to actually survive the loving distress beacon? my iron bow (which one-shots day-time enemies with ~100 damage) does next to nil damage to the giant thing, and my knave gear isn't good enough to withstand the smaller enemies' attacks.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 08:11:10 AM by Cybertails1998 »

is there a way to actually survive the loving distress beacon? my iron bow (which one-shots day-time enemies with ~100 damage) does next to nil damage to the giant thing, and my knave gear isn't good enough to withstand the smaller enemies' attacks.
Use bombs, they do about 510 damage to the ufo for some reason, but you will need to make some sort of block cage so you can spam bombs ontop of it without getting shot.

I have a feeling that I'm not going to have fun by the time i construct a beacon. I spent my whole time goofing around...

well where do I get bombs

I haven't found a single bomb in my playthrough

• Massively reducing the pixel cost (sometimes eliminating it entirely) on early weapons/armor. You can build a refinery in later tiers to turn ores of all kinds into pixels.
  • Make the refinery appear earlier in the game
    • Tweaked wording of starter quests to encourage exploring of more planets.
    • Added hunting knife weapon that also makes monsters drop meat
      • Pixel loss on death reduced to 20% for testing, might change further
      • Added new armor that provides a good amount of warmth early on in the game at the sacrifice of armor levels.
        • Tweaked the UFO boss to make him smash blocks.
        • Revamping the warmth bar to make it more obvious (suggestion by thedbp on reddit)
          • Tons of bug fixes
            This is just what I've done so far this morning, I'll add to this list as more is added for tonights update.
Bartwe is working on the windows XP issues, not sure yet if it'll be done by tonight but fingers crossed.

http://www.reddit.com/r/starbound/comments/1s620n/some_of_the_changes_coming_tonight/

i don't get why they would make so many changes. would they have not noticed the problems through testing? or are you trying to say that testing was minimal, and they were excited to get it out there.

my opinion on this game:

Great soundtrack. Varies with area and situation, I love it.

Character variation and roles. Excellent and deep.

Friendly NPCS: the guards hate your guts if you have your weapons drawn, the shop keepers sell crappy items.

Spelunking: yields little to no fruits. you're better off mining surface stuff than digging at compact cobblestone for hours. <<<not to mention the myriad of enemies that deal 20 dmg per hit and the endless pits that deal even more>>>

Combat: very solid. the hitboxes on the weapons vary with type and the way the weapon is drawn is also varied.

Movement: solid as heck, except for two quips: You can get stuck in blocks when placing (why) and traversing the wooden platforms without falling through all of them is very difficult to get a foothold onto.

armor: it's broken right now. I should have 30 defense but the game says 10. why?

as far as development and funding, i feel like they should've had more content to show forth for almost 2 years development (and 2.3 millions dollars, mind you). The game feels like it would have had more when I was reaching the "end game". Right now we only have one boss and like 6 different enemy types (charge, body slam, rock blast, lightning, fire, bubbles proly more idk)

this experience was an okay one. I mean the space travel animation blew my balls off, and so did the first "rebels" I saw. But once I realized that there wasn't more to show, I felt disappointed.

hopefully they stop holding back on us and release all the stuff they've teased in the past.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 11:28:53 AM by Khorde »

does anyone wanna buy me this game

pleeeeease

if you don't have me as a friend:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198026799466

i don't get why they would make so many changes. would they have not noticed the problems through testing? or are you trying to say that testing was minimal, and they were excited to get it out there.

my opinion on this game:

Great soundtrack. Varies with area and situation, I love it.

Character variation and roles. Excellent and deep.

Friendly NPCS: the guards hate your guts if you have your weapons drawn, the shop keepers sell crappy items.

Spelunking: yields little to no fruits. you're better off mining surface stuff than digging at compact cobblestone for hours. <<<not to mention the myriad of enemies that deal 20 dmg per hit and the endless pits that deal even more>>>

Combat: very solid. the hitboxes on the weapons vary with type and the way the weapon is drawn is also varied.

Movement: solid as heck, except for two quips: You can get stuck in blocks when placing (why) and traversing the wooden platforms without falling through all of them is very difficult to get a foothold onto.

armor: it's broken right now. I should have 30 defense but the game says 10. why?

as far as development and funding, i feel like they should've had more content to show forth for almost 2 years development (and 2.3 millions dollars, mind you). The game feels like it would have had more when I was reaching the "end game". Right now we only have one boss and like 6 different enemy types (charge, body slam, rock blast, lightning, fire, bubbles proly more idk)

this experience was an okay one. I mean the space travel animation blew my balls off, and so did the first "rebels" I saw. But once I realized that there wasn't more to show, I felt disappointed.

hopefully they stop holding back on us and release all the stuff they've teased in the past.
Soundtrack at full is overpowering at times in my opinion

I love my character so I agree

I love the guards attitudes and I wish merchants did sell items that didn't suck. Mine only sells food.

In my opinion the harder to acquire fruit from spelunking the better the feeling when you DO find something. It was an amazing feeling finding my first tech chip.

In regards to the combat i do feel its a little stiff. Kind of like how it is in Rogue Legacy. I'm just not one for that feeling.

server's up
if you want to voice chat join my ts channel
ts31.gameservers.com:9118
server's still up

or you could just post the planet coords
same coordinates for every game? whaaattt

p sure it's randomly generated and paradon is just being silly

oh i forgot to mention another thing

hunger:

what.

you usually die before it becomes a problem and there's MORE THAN ENOUGH FOOD IN THE GAME TO SATIATE SAID HUNGER. ughhhh i hate when games have redundant mechanicssss

So my friend found a planet that's warm during the night and cold during the day