Coolest playable race?

Human
Avian
Apex
Floran
Hylotl
Glitch
Novakid

Author Topic: Starbound Megathread - Version 1.3.2  (Read 788430 times)

I was thinking about this, and what I can come up with is either that we're more successful at scavenging and surviving, so we get a boost to the number of pixels we collect 1 (don't know how you'd implement that though), or that we're better at fighting , so we do slightly more damage with swords and guns 2, or we're better crafters, so we require fewer pixels when crafting and 3D printing. 3

They're not the best ideas, but I wouldn't mind them.
1 and 2: Aren't florans like this?
3: I think some other race had this description, i'm not sure which one.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 08:56:06 PM by F3d323 »

There's a mod to get the old character creator glitch heads ingame, iirc. Of course they should have just been ingame to begin with, but hur durr m-muh emotes.
Is it that hard to make an emote sprite sheet for every face?

NOPE, it's just very tedious lol

doing work is weird

It's here if anyone wants them

So there's a Shockwave head in there? I can't tell with how fast that image transitions between all the head styles.

Gameplay wise I hope they do implement some changes to better fit the races, as has been discussed before.
Glitch shouldn't be capable of being poisoned, or necessarily taking bleeding damage.
Florans should take extra fire damage, but say, be able to photosynthesis when above ground, meaning they refill food or similar.
Apex should be faster and jump higher.
Hylotl shouldn't drown, and should be good for swimming.
Novakid should produce light and/or heat (warming nearby players and allowing them to resist the cold, perhaps provided they have eaten enough or have enough health).
Avians should be able to glide/take reduced fall damage

I knew I forgot to mention one of the races.

Yeah, that's definitely what they should be capable of. Or being able to fly short distances, in the manner of say, quadruple jumping (preferably without draining energy).

How about letting everyone make loving guns. Was there some sort of technological regression that forced every race to get rid of firearms and fight with swords and bows like it's 1066? What kind of sci-fi game restricts you to using only REGULAR melee weapons to fight stuff with? They aren't even power swords or lightsabers or anything like that, it's just metal ingots being shaped into weapons.
You're forgetting that this is Terraria with multi-world servers but with significantly less content.

You're forgetting that this is Terraria with multi-world servers but with significantly less content.

To be fair it's still a beta, people should know what they're getting into when they buy early-access games like these.
Then again, I have not kept up to date on starbound since I last played it a few days ago.

To be fair it's still a beta, people should know what they're getting into when they buy early-access games like these.
Then again, I have not kept up to date on starbound since I last played it a few days ago.
Well, they claim to be doing quite a bit of revamping and new additions on their devblog, and in the nightly builds, including making everything moddable, and changing things like the way swords work (I've no idea in what way).

They seem to be making some progress, according to what they say.

But then again, they've been slow to update the main version of the game much at all. There is quite a bit lacking in the current version of the game, and the nightly builds which have more content are glitchier, subject to bugs and rapidly changing, so you can't overly get into it to play as a legitimate game.
There's not enough change in the main game, and there's too much change in the nightly. So if you're after a playable entertaining game with ample content, you're currently stuck in limbo.

wasnt this stage of beta supposed to get tons of updates really quickly?

I'm pretty sure there's high level armor for avians that let you glide.

wasnt this stage of beta supposed to get tons of updates really quickly?
They changed their mind, No updates till 1.0.

(although technically you're getting updates every night..)

I'm pretty sure there's high level armor for avians that let you glide.
No