Coolest playable race?

Human
Avian
Apex
Floran
Hylotl
Glitch
Novakid

Author Topic: Starbound Megathread - Version 1.3.2  (Read 782915 times)

I was thinking of buying this game, and if I do, what race should I start as?
glitch

can someone give me a rundown of what has been added in the past year thats the coolest?

it was released out of early access

that's it

>>>helmets hiding the eyes
the glitch armors did that and it looked like stuff

that issue aside your art's pretty good

I liked the glitch armors aside from the multiple pairs of eyes. In anycase, this way the black eyes wont blend in with the outline.

They started out as medieval anyways until I settled on some kind of fallout theme

would normal hats look bad on them

would normal hats look bad on them
Kinda, a lot of hats "masks" the hair of a species. I made the horn styles basically the hair, so it'd look like they were bald

The final boss needed to be tougher.

Also idk if anyone else ended up with a character with this outfit but I think it looks utterly kickass

can you make timber from logs and how

The final boss needed to be tougher.
[forget're you talking about he's already a nuclear bullet sponge

Not to mention all the monsters continuously spawning in and harassing you that you can't quickly get rid of unless you have a forgetin' hammer with energy aura or some stuff
]

can you make timber from logs and how
press C, it'll open the crafting menu.  you'll be able to find and make timber fairly quick

Hm. This ought to be interesting.

[forget're you talking about he's already a nuclear bullet sponge

Not to mention all the monsters continuously spawning in and harassing you that you can't quickly get rid of unless you have a forgetin' hammer with energy aura or some stuff
]
[If you find a Tesla's Staff or whatever it's called, it's essentially a boss-killing machine. Use the special to deal ridiculous damage. I used that and a spear that had flurry. Flurry is really great for quickly clearing out large groups of low health enemies, or dealing a large amount of consistent dps. The monsters all appearing was kinda annoying but the heart itself not having a lot of actual attacks was pretty disappointing, considering that the other bosses often had several stages and creative attacks. But yeah, the final boss was the only one that I beat on my first try, and I only brought in like 6 med kits and 3 bandages and I still had plenty by the end.
Also, one of the other things I did is I used the spike ball when there were too many monsters chasing me and rolled around the top of the room just fast enough to outrun most of them.
]

[the final boss wasn't too bad, i think by far the toughest thing about it were the little flying bug things that died in like 1 hit with any weapon and were basically there to annoy you and soak up your firepower. they spawned too often forgetkk

other than that, the final boss was a bit simple, imo. it has a grand total of three attacks - tentacles from the sides, giant beam in the middle, and spawning mobs. ehhhhh

i ended up beating it with my poison portal staff. the bugs and stuff were a bit too effective at soaking up the balls spawned from it, but it wasn't too hard
]

ok so ive got my breathing epp, got fuel from the moon and can now explore galaxies, what do i do now in terms of story?

[

]
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 12:04:00 AM by The Subject »

I was making one during alpha hah
I really love your art, the designs fit the game really well.

Lizard people are also a perfect fit for the races, given the races so far have been trying to be different taxons of life.
Organic
Animals
Vanilla (Humans), Mammals (Apex), Birds, Fish/Amphibian (Hylotl)
Non-Animal
Plants
Inorganic
Robots, Gas/Energy

Lizards of some sort at least mean you have all the major types of animal life. You could maybe do Insects instead.
That or it should be some organic non-animal, like a fungal species or some sort of gooey bacterial colony.
Or alternatively I would consider an inorganic crystal/rock race, although that may seem a little too similar to Novakids.