Author Topic: Starport: Galactic Empires - 3rd thread does the trick  (Read 422 times)

THE GAME'S WEBSITE

==========

PICTURES 'N' STUFF

more coming soon, and the top one is a bit outdated

My opinion on this game.
I absolutely adore this game. Through the sub-par graphics (which is really the only problem with it), this is an incredibly fun game to play. It's also pretty old. I played this when I was 12, which made for some not-so-fun consequences at the time, but whatever. In this game, you can do practically whatever you want. It includes randomly-generated galaxies and star systems, different NPCs, vast amounts of trading posts. You can colonize far away planets and build an empire [as the title of the game states] or be a pirate and take over other's colonies, or build trading empires.

All-in-all, this game is awesome, you should get it.

also, it has a pretty small playerbase, and needs more people. It used to have a lot, back in its 'glory days' of ~2006.

did I mention it's free, except for the Admiral's Club which really only gets you flashy stuff, like a starship with stats equal to something easily bought for in-game money.

=UPDATES WILL PROBABLY COME SOON TO THIS TOPIC=

Because it died and is too old and stuff.

So it's shores of hazeron in 2d...

Not really. It's less micromanaging, and you don't actually get out of your ship. It's more focused on space or ground (air?) combat, trading and a primitive mining. It's also 2d so that allows it to not look like it's made from cardboard cutouts. Upgrades, buying new ships. Not as much customization.

Basically, EVE Online in 2D, a bit more primitive, and free.

Is there still only about 20 people on at a time?

Is there still only about 20 people on at a time?

You can stop this by playing!
* Audience gasps