Author Topic: FPS Absurdity  (Read 1400 times)

I just realized how utterly ridiculous the concept of a FPS game is, basically you run around shooting people and gain EXP then instant prestige yolo swag gangster.

Discuss EA and Activision's making tremendously poor games with little to no originality with only increased violence among youths and insane profit.

You forgot Borderlands 2
Half-life 2
Portal 2(puzzle and FPS)
And so on.

I just realized how utterly ridiculous the concept of a FPS game is, basically you run around shooting people and gain EXP then instant prestige yolo swag gangster.
Of course you run (or crouch) around and kill people for XP.

XP is a reward system for those who don't actually suck at the game to get stuff. it shows growth.
And prestige is not quick at all.

what the forget, you automatically think "exp killstreak prestige" when you see "FPS?"

you're either stupid or it's too late for the industry.

what the forget, you automatically think "exp killstreak prestige" when you see "FPS?"

you're either stupid or it's too late for the industry.

Shall I continue?

I love games like call of duty.  they consume time

Wow okay lets just forget every other game that is an FPS and assume they are all EA and Activision.

Discuss EA and Activision's making tremendously poor games with little to no originality with only increased violence among youths and insane profit.
this better be a joke

Shall I continue?
FPS: First Person Shooter.

Skyrim
oblivion
morrowind
Borderlands 1&2
Poral 1&2

Shall I continue?

BTW, ea is also behind most sports games, skating games, and a lot of racing games. I believe they all fall under EA sports.

FPS games are designed to combine tactics with split-second reactions and decision making. This makes them extremely competitive, fast-paced, and addictive.

FPS games are designed to combine tactics with split-second reactions and decision making. This makes them extremely competitive, fast-paced, and addictive.
It also makes for more authentic vehicle control.

who are you again because you seem to be superglued to your own opinion like most other regulars on the forums

who are you again because you seem to be superglued to your own opinion like most other regulars on the forums

I have every right to have my opinion.

Skyrim
oblivion
morrowind
RPGs, not FPS games.

RPGs, not FPS games.

Except they're in first person and you can shoot things