Jetpack system - needs scripter

Author Topic: Jetpack system - needs scripter  (Read 5194 times)

I believe I suggested this before but no one made it. While someone DID make a jetpack it worked like a stuffty airplane. What I want is a jetpack that works like player jets but with limited fuel.

So you're playing in a no-jet minigame and you find a jetpack on the ground. You can use the jetpack like you would with regular jets. Only this time it's temporary and you have to keep finding other jetpacks on the ground to refuel it. (Similar to Duke Nukem 3D)

In prefs you could set options like how much jet fuel it has and the consumption rate and toggle refueling.

I guess you could add an option to make the jetpack explode when shot at with a projectile.

I personally find this as a better alternative if you want people to use jets around your builds but have them in a much more limited way. Leap-jet/fuel-jet automatically refuel by themselves and you spawn with them. Now with this you have to find the jetpack and you can't refuel it unless you find another jetpack.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 03:26:23 PM by Thé Lord Tony »

I could model but I need help with the script. Why not use gas tanks for refueling? Do you want the jetpack to have the emitter or the player's feet? Would you prefer if the jetpack was just a thing stuck the players back or do you want some sort of handles with buttons? (Would mean that the player is forced to raise both arms while using it.)

well, picking up a jetpack would work the same way as a gas tank, right?
so i don't see the need for both.

well, picking up a jetpack would work the same way as a gas tank, right?
so i don't see the need for both.
Fuel tanks make more sense to me.

I could model but I need help with the script.

I could help somewhat.

Why not use gas tanks for refueling?

Well you could, whatever you want to do is fine by me. I'm more of an old fashioned guy with videogames so the thought of picking up another jetpack came natural to me.

Do you want the jetpack to have the emitter or the player's feet?

The jetpack.

Would you prefer if the jetpack was just a thing stuck the players back or do you want some sort of handles with buttons? (Would mean that the player is forced to raise both arms while using it.)

Well there is actually two kinds of lego jetpacks that would look great blocko style. The only problem with the "handles with buttons" is that it wouldn't make sense to use regular weapons with it so I guess we have to stick with some thing on your back.

You don't have to include the front part with the second/third picture. It would look weird in first person anyways.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 11:42:37 AM by Thé Lord Tony »

Here's what I came up with.

Or a squished version with some sort of a harness.

the squished version looks like it would scorch their back

I would like to see a handle+button version Demian mentioned earlier. I never exactly understood how it's possible to control a jetpack without any handles/buttons.

I like them both actually but I think we should probably go with the first one.

I would like to see a handle+button version Demian mentioned earlier. I never exactly understood how it's possible to control a jetpack without any handles/buttons.

Then you wouldn't be able to use guns.

Then you wouldn't be able to use guns.

There's not really anything keeping you from using guns, is there? We could even have a jetpack with mounted guns, or something.

anyone up for something more original?