Author Topic: What should be added to the V21 version as default content, in your opinion?  (Read 1829 times)

Builds:

• Barnabas' city-lookin' thing
  • Bushido & Eksi's collab city
  • Lord Tony's lego island (if he ever finishes it)
  • Lord Tony's lego castle (ibid)
  • Anything from Wedge's summer server that didn't end up totally jumbled/unorganized

Addons:

• Kaje's Sniper Rifle
  • Ephialtes' Shotgun
  • Kaje's Stunt Plane

Iban's Health Bar script

There's actually a health bar in Blockland, it's just used for things like player-jet fuel, stamina, or whatever the scripter chooses to have it represent. Y'know, that blue one that's visible for some playertypes. It used to represent how much health the player had left, but Badspot removed it.

I'm just going to copy and paste the quotes, because I'm too lazy to set it up myself, and scramble for a good epoch converter.

"Contrary to common belief, a life bar actually makes the game less fun. "
"If you're given a life bar, you'll look at it.  You can't help but to check it more often than you need to and it takes you out of the game and into the realm of boring numbers.  With no life bar you're free to play the game intuitively without any brown townytical distractions."

-Badspot

So it's not that he forgot to code one and put it into the game - so there's no need for him to make Iban's default. It's because he simply believes that it makes the game less fun. That's why we don't have a default health bar.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 12:36:45 AM by Awdax »

Badspot has actually explained before that the reason he disabled the health bat is because it doesn't cause players to become frantic or something when they are damaged, and can see how low their health is.

This makes absolutely no sense. Please rephrase it.

Duplicator, but someone could improve it more because it lags when duping big builds.

This makes absolutely no sense. Please rephrase it.

I'll see what I can do.

id rather have a health bar than worrying about the fact that I might be very low on health

You can always estimate how low you are on health.

The way I see it, when you know you're low on health you play differently. You're more careful, more tactic. By not knowing whether or not you're about to die, you're going to be careful when making the decision to do something or not in a deathmatch.

Or you can just run around, guns blazing, not giving a stuff about your health.

You can always estimate how low you are on health.

The way I see it, when you know you're low on health you play differently. You're more careful, more tactic. By not knowing whether or not you're about to die, you're going to be careful when making the decision to do something or not in a deathmatch.

Or you can just run around, guns blazing, not giving a stuff about your health.
That's completely illogical, Badspot, add it for real, bro.

Honestly, I don't like Trueno's colorset.
The first two colors are almost the same, the first three columns are ugly neon colors.
The only good colors are the ones after the first three columns. There's also a jump from the darkest grey to black.