Anyone dealt with scratches to an LCD monitor before?

Author Topic: Anyone dealt with scratches to an LCD monitor before?  (Read 1796 times)

My only HDMI-compatible monitor just took a nasty little scratch in transit. I disconnected the wire so that it wouldn't be scratched by the prongs and someone put the wire on the monitor :cookieMonster:. It doesn't appear to be too deep and as far as I know I can fix it. Should be amusing.

I was wondering if anyone here has run into this little dilemma before and has any recommendations as to how I should go about doing this.

I have once, I replaced the whole LCD Monitor which cost like £600.

I HATE SCRATCHES LARALALRLALARLA

U gotta put a scratch on top of the scratch to hide it.

I just tried the eraser method. lol it was horrible

I'm going to try to pick up some Vaseline. Still looking for any recommendations. I might ask around elsewhere.

How did you scratch an LCD monitor?

My grandfather did. He offered to bring it over from my father's to my mother's. I had wrapped it in plastic bags, taken the stand off, and removed the power cord. Next time I saw it, the bag was shredded and the monitor was like this. The cord was on top of  the monitor, so as I said before: I'm assuming one of the prongs scraped it. I haven't seen him since so I haven't been able to ask him.

I've always heard that toothpaste can get scratches out, but I don't know how effective it is.

A trick I always used to touch up scratched disks was to get creamy peanut butter and rub it into an oily lotion on my hands and rub that into the scratches.

I'll look into it, thanks.

I'm going to see if I can get a decent picture of it too.

I don't really know whether or not my monitor is LCD, but my monitor has 1 or 2 scratches maybe a little bit more..

My grandfather did. He offered to bring it over from my father's to my mother's. I had wrapped it in plastic bags, taken the stand off, and removed the power cord. Next time I saw it, the bag was shredded and the monitor was like this. The cord was on top of  the monitor, so as I said before: I'm assuming one of the prongs scraped it. I haven't seen him since so I haven't been able to ask him.

I doubt the prongs on the power cord could have ripped the bags, and your monitor.
I was only wondering how it got scratched because my friend has punched his monitor on multiple occasions, and didnt treat it very well. It still doesn't have any scratches on it.