MineZ - DayZ-Style Minecraft Servers

Author Topic: MineZ - DayZ-Style Minecraft Servers  (Read 3539 times)

~Will update op later. tired as forget atm~
lots of credits go to regulith for main topic. i do have permission!!

DONATE     UNOFFICIAL MODS       MAP   NEWS

What is MineZ?

MineZ is a special, unreleased server mod for Minecraft inspired by the popular Arma mod, DayZ. It's a game of extreme survival. You begin with the simplest of supplies (a nearly broken sword, some sub-par armor, water, etc.) and your goal is to survive as long as possible. Each server holds up to 145 players (not counting reserved slots) and are almost constantly full, so there are plenty of people to team up with...or murder you. Your "exp level" serves as a thirst meter, hitting 20 when you take a drink and steadily decreasing to nothing, changing rates depending on what biome you're in. Zombies have completely overhauled AI, and now take visibility into effect. Time of day, weather, line of sight, and sneaking all factor into if a zombie will notice you and attack. Their move speed has been increased to sprinting speed when pursuing a player, so running is futile and will only waste your precious food. Sprinting will also increase your detection range significantly, and by the time you stop to take a breath, don't be surprised to find every zombie in the area cracking down on you.

How do I survive?

Survival is, of course, the main goal in MineZ. To be successful, you'll need to know a few things.

Manage your inventory wisely. Most items do not stack, so you'll often find yourself weighing one item over another. Water and food are obviously top priority, followed by healing equipment if you're travelling in a group, then healing potions and replacement weapons, tools, and armor.

Learn the locations of supplies. There are many structures across the map you should scavenge for supplies, but be warned that there are nearly 150 other people with the same idea, and they're not all friendly. Take a look for structures in the map above and make note of where they are. Chests will not respawn with you around, but hitting a chest will destroy it and allow it to respawn when you leave the area. The radius for this rule is somewhat lenient, so you don't have to go far. Make sure you check an area one last time before setting out.

You are going to die. A lot. Every time you die you'll also be banned for 1 minute from the server to give others a chance to play, but you can rejoin as soon as your time has expired, server slots pending. Each life you'll likely gain new knowledge, making the next life slightly easier. Dying is power.

How do I play?

MineZ requires no downloads to play and is currently in public beta, with 13 public servers and 11 private servers (the latter accepts donators only).

Hop on a server (if you can, keep trying if it's full), take a look around the spawn to learn about some of the special uses of items, and type /minez spawn to start playing.

Public PVP      us1-public.minez.net   |  EU Public     EU1-public.minez.net
Public PVP      us2-public.minez.net   |  EU Public     EU2-public.minez.net
Public PVP      us3-public.minez.net   |  EU Public     EU3-public.minez.net
Public PVP      us4-public.minez.net   |  EU Public     EU4-public.minez.net
Public PVP      us5-public.minez.net   |  EU Public     EU5-public.minez.net
Public PVP      us6-public.minez.net   |  EU Public     EU6-public.minez.net
Public PVP      us7-public.minez.net   |  EU Public     EU7-public.minez.net
Public PVP      us8-public.minez.net   |  EU Public     EU8-public.minez.net
Public PVP       us9-public.minez.net   |  EU Public     EU9-public.minez.net
Public PVP       us10-public.minez.net |  AU Public     Au1-public.minez.net
Public PVP       us11-public.minez.net |
Public PVP       us12-public.minez.net |

When you log out of one server, you can log onto any other server and you will spawn in the same location with the same items when you disconnected. This ONLY applies to the Country/whatever you're in. Due to duping, United States, Australia, And Europe are 3 different servers now.

This ensures that as long as there is one slot open on any one of the servers, you can pick up right where you left off. It is strongly suggested by both players and the creators of the mod alike that you use a minimap mod when playing.

It's more fun with friends! Grab a buddy or two and get on Skype or Steam voice chat. Round yourselves up into a group and set out together! Supplies will obviously be thinner the more people you have, but there's also power in numbers.

FAQ

Q: Will the MineZ plugins ever be released to the public?
A: As of right now, no. We use some VERY complicated custom plugins and databases, and it would be difficult for anyone that didn't write the plugin to set it up. Also, if we let others use our plugins, we couldn't ensure that you are getting the highest quality MineZ experience possible.

Q: How do I get access to the private servers?
A: You can purchase a $10, $25, $50, or $100 package here. You can also purchase a $5 that gives you access to Achievements on any server.

Q: Are you going to release any public PvE servers?
A: No. PvE servers require extra attention and additional coding, and are therefore considered premium servers.

Q: Why can't you find X item in X town??
A: The loot tables are carefully tuned, and every location has certain items for an intended reason. Some towns will be high in food, but have very little fighting gear, and other towns will have tons of weapons and armor but no food. Any town that has health potions will have less weapons/food. As a general rule of thumb, the coast has Health Pots, you'll find food slightly inland, and anything north of Yawpton will contain mostly military gear.

Q: Where can I get diamond items?
A: Diamond Items are VERY rare, and are only handed out during special server events. They also drop very rarely off of Giants, which can be found near Al Hasa.

Q: How do I heal other players?
A: You need a bandage and shears. Also, Red Dye provides extra healing, while Green Dye will cure any diseases. The order to use them in is: Left click on player with Bandage, then any Dyes, then Shears to finish the job.

Q: How come some people have a different UI?
A: They are using xIGBClutchIx's Unofficial GUI Mod.

Q: Can I make a suggestion?
A: Sure, just submit a topic with [SUGGESTION] in the title. Make sure your suggestion doesn't involve any Client Side mods, as MineZ will always be Server side.

Q: Can I submit a build to be added to the map?
A: Yes, just make sure you follow the guidelines here, and make sure you add [BUILD SUBMISSION] to the title of your post.

Q: Are there any custom texture packs?
A: A list of the Unofficial Texture Packs can be found here

one of my favorite servers atm

i'm at whitehaven with decent gear + buttloads of food on my current char

So many people have aimbots and hacks on MineZ that it's become impossible to engage in legitimate PVP.

It was a dumb idea to begin with.

The admins are all pricks and the game is so hacky that playing it is a bitch and a half.

So many people have aimbots and hacks on MineZ that it's become impossible to engage in legitimate PVP.

It was a dumb idea to begin with.
not every server has hackers,
they have anti hacks in  "creative" ways.

if you have forcefield, and the game is detecting it, they spawn little silverfish, 4 of them. 1 in each direction right next to them.
if all are killed/pushed away, the player is banned. lag is a different story.

hacked clients are logged if i recall.

The admins are all pricks and the game is so hacky that playing it is a bitch and a half.
the game did get updated, so lag is not THAT much of a problem.

Minecraft PvP is terrible. All it is is to rapidly click and jump around.

Plus if anyone has gear that bests yours, you're going to lose regardless of tactic.

Way too many bandits that hide in bushes with grenades and such near spawns.

Dis looks pretty hawté. You probably can't mine, can you?

Dis looks pretty hawté. You probably can't mine, can you?
you can only mine certain things with certain items.

Way too many bandits that hide in bushes with grenades and such near spawns.
never happened to me. there's a delay with grenades, because as far as i know, it can nearly 1-hit kill someone with leather armor.
what server did you see this on :o

Plus if anyone has gear that bests yours, you're going to lose regardless of tactic.
its pretty easy killing someone who has better gear than them imo.
pretty much all they use is bows and grenades, and bows are easy to dodge.

most bandits are really loving terrible.

also, i suggest doing this if you're new to this;
if you spawn at spawns #35-40 (check map, or coords 3100-3850, 521-525)
1. go to geuten (3660, 380)
2. loot there, head to heartless mansion (3420, 30)
3. loot there, camp there for the rare items, head for worthington
4.head to worthington, loot, cole castle.
4.5.if you want hospital loot/instant hp pots, go to aeternalis cathedral.
5. head to fort rockwood, then fort forthwind.
6. head to pileus to stock up on tons of food and tool stuff.
yeah thats it!! it'll get you to atleast chain +enchanted iron swords + bows i suggest heading to every other place after pileus.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 03:47:35 PM by Ayxrion »

does anyone wanna start a team? :o
if you betray any of the teammates you will be out and killed on sight if we see you :)

Me I suck at this (lag deaths). I'm HaneZane001 who are you in minecraft?

anyone wanna start a group with me :D?

this and
Plus, this game is kinda pay2win.

this andPlus, this game is kinda pay2win.
how
all you start with if you donate, is a grapple hook and like, an extra water bottle.
it's the same thing as before, except you get colored leather armor, and an extra water bottle/grapple hook

the grapple hook is pretty useless, stating that anti-hacks dont allow you to use it.

how
all you start with if you donate, is a grapple hook and like, an extra water bottle.
it's the same thing as before, except you get colored leather armor, and an extra water bottle/grapple hook

the grapple hook is pretty useless, stating that anti-hacks dont allow you to use it.
Don't forget about the private servers the private servers sounds easier.