Author Topic: Client-Sided Raycast Alternative  (Read 558 times)

Please read this first:
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=224439.0

As the title says, I need a client-sided raycast alternative, assuming I am able to obtain my eyePoint and eyeVector (Thanks to Nexus).

If you know anything like this, or can lead me in the right direction, please let me know.

In case you're wondering, I need this in order to be able to obtain the object ID (or something that could lead me to the Object ID) of something I'm looking at. The specific purpose of this is not in any way to be used to cheat. (I don't see how it could be.)

use math. That is the only option.

There isn't a way to do this without it looping through all the individual objects in serverconnection and checking the position of each one using
math. That is the only option.

There isn't a way to do this without it looping through all the individual objects in serverconnection and checking the position of each one using
But wouldn't that still be inaccurate because you'd have to raycast the exact spot to get the right position?

But wouldn't that still be inaccurate because you'd have to raycast the exact spot to get the right position?
No..?

And also it won't work for players. it would only work for bricks and other things.

Basically, this just isn't something you should be wasting your time on doing. It's never going to be 100% accurate in functionality like the serversided raycast is, plus you'd be doing calculations i don't think you'd want to be doing in Torquescript. Just give it up man, lol.