Author Topic: Blockland mod market system?  (Read 13450 times)

except op for some reason

did anyone in this thread actually agree with op or is he alone on this one
i think hes alone

so you want to loving pay for free stuff?

who the loving stuff would want that
Who said that?

except op for some reason

did anyone in this thread actually agree with op or is he alone on this one
Did you actually even read the last page?

I hate this idea so loving much.

Code: [Select]
Blockland (Lifetime Membership)
Blockland Is a Lifetime membership NOT a game like roblox were you buy stuff with in game money
We already bought Blockland. For $20.

We don't need to spend another $40 just to get a good server going, and another $100 just to play on servers.
It would be nice to get paid for our work and all, but never should it be forced upon people. If anything, I'd just set up a paypal payment for people to tip/donate to me. And no, nothing that would cause a pay2win environment.
By extending the same logic, Blockland should be free if you bought Windows. And Windows should be free if you bought computer parts. Oh, and the computer should be free if you bought a house. I think you can see where this is going.
"Lifetime membership" means that you get access to the game (and it's updates) for free, he doesn't have the right to grant people access to other people's stuff.

This is the loving WORST IDEA EVER.

How do you get feedback on mods you create? YOU GET PEOPLE TO DOWNLOAD AND USE IT

If you're starting out as a beginner nobody will want your mods and you will NEVER GET BETTER.

This COMPLETELY defeats the ENTIRE PURPOSE of a community-built game!
This wouldn't make it so you have to charge for mods, you know.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 04:14:46 PM by DontCare4Free »

nope
i clicked on new and for some reason it skipped over the new posts so i assumed there weren't any more

Right, then there should be a system in place, like administrators endorcing addons etc. It should all be official, and I doubt that more then a few addons would actually be sold.
We are a community of teens and kids, who you forget, paid for Blockland.

The game that I have using as an example, again, Mount and blade which, actualy sold the Napoleonic wars mod, has only been selling that one mod.

Creating a system for us to sell addons wouldn't make most people attempt to sell their addons. Only the elite and best ones would be sold.
Then the elite and the best ones won't be the elite and best ones because NO ONE BUYS THEM.

Mods need to have MULTIPLE sources complaining about a BUG in the mod in order for it to seem good and elite.

You are making this idea sound horrible, Care makes it sound better, even though I still wouldn't want the TOS to be modified for the suggestion.

By extending the same logic, Blockland should be free if you bought Windows. And Windows should be free if you bought computer parts. Oh, and the computer should be free if you bought a house. I think you can see where this is going.
"Lifetime membership" means that you get access to the game (and it's updates) for free, he doesn't have the right to grant people access to other people's stuff.
I don't think "lifetime membership" is a philosophy that extends to forbidding paid content, but a culture like that isn't very beneficial, anyway.

While we are at it we should make you have to pay a server host to save whats there unless they give you permission to do it freely!
bwahahahahahahahahaha

never go full handicap.

Huh, interesting topic.
I wonder why people expect other people's mods to be free even though people put countless hours into them.
I can make my mod for pay if i want, that's none of your god damn business cause I made it. There's NOTHING to say I have to give my stuff to you just because YOU think that it should be free.
I, personally, wouldn't do this unless I was looking at making the mod for income as some sort of part-time job if it was that popular. Otherwise, I make my stuff available. I don't want to make my stuff for pay, but I will always have that right when it so comes to a point.

I can make my mod for pay if i want, that's none of your god damn business cause I made it.
you can
just don't expect anyone to give you jackstuff for it lol

And now you are just another moron.  Everything you've said to back up the OP is worthless now.

so you want to loving pay for free stuff?

who the loving stuff would want that
The OP's idea was that this would encourage people to make mods that they otherwise wouldn't, so he's not saying that.

While we are at it we should make you have to pay a server host to save whats there unless they give you permission to do it freely!
Your argument doesn't make sense, this doesn't extend to that. That is a core part of the game, not an extendable add-on. The idea behind this is a market system that would encourage developers to spend more time to make new mods.

The main problem is this system wouldn't be sustainable in Blockland. It's inconvenient to most of the players and, if they could buy, the revenue wouldn't be enough to justify the work.

And now you are just another moron.  Everything you've said to back up the OP is worthless now.
No he isn't, he's trying to make a point. You need to counter why that metaphor isn't applicable if you think he's taking it too far.

I did just read what he responded to. Chrono was trying to make another point than what dontcare4free was saying. They both have good points, Dontcare4free is right that it's not absurd to charge for an extra service inside a product you buy, and Chrono is right that you shouldn't have to pay a bunch to just get started.

I think the way Blockland is setup places more importance on Chrono's point, however, Dontcare4free isn't just another moron.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 08:17:40 PM by Nitramtj »

No he isn't, he's trying to make a point. You need to counter why that metaphor isn't applicable if you think he's taking it too far.

I did just read what he responded to. Chrono was trying to make another point than what dontcare4free was saying. They both have good points, dontcare4free is right that you can't have that logic, and Chrono is right that you shouldn't have to pay a bunch to just get started.

I really find dontcare4free's logic quite inapplicable given the idea that he's trying to convey.  Not only does it make him sound ignorant in general, but it makes it seem as if he doesn't understand what the people arguing against the OP are saying.

you can
just don't expect anyone to give you jackstuff for it lol
This is unfortunate but sooo true.
Garrys mod has a nice little system where people donate on paypal and you can get perks in a server. I've seen it done in BL but I feel that it doesn't work because of the fact everyone is younger and that it just won't work in BL. Too bad though, I always liked this system.