Author Topic: RTB keeps telling me to update my Modular Terrain add-on when I start Blockland?  (Read 1327 times)

Every time I start Blockland, RTB tells me that there is an update available to the add-ons, "Modular Terrain Basic Pack" and "Modular Terrain Inverted Pack". Even though I update them as told, it's always telling me that an update is available every time I restart Blockland, even though it's the exact same version it tells me to update to. I tried deleting the add-ons both in the RTB mod manager, and within Blockland/Add-ons, but it somehow keeps reappearing in-game and telling me to update. I don't know if this is because of the add-ons themselves, or there's a problem with RTB.

Here's my console log, in case it helps.

Update the files, set them to read-only, restart blockland.

Update the files, set them to read-only, restart blockland.
That's pretty dumb, what if months from now you forget you made it read ony and an update comes out. You will think something is broken or that the update added nothing.

Try deleting it from RTB and download the addon from the actual thread or something, idk if that will work.

The terrain bricks are default in blockland, which means the launcher will nuke any changes made to the terrain bricks file. Can't really fix this, I think GCF Ghost is trying to get Badspot to make his newer version default.

That's pretty dumb, what if months from now you forget you made it read ony and an update comes out. You will think something is broken or that the update added nothing.

Try deleting it from RTB and download the addon from the actual thread or something, idk if that will work.
rtb will tell me if another update comes out, so i can do the procedure again

Nope. Launcher nuke will reset it back to v1 and v3.
There's no way to fix this unless the update gets removed from the RTB Mod Manager or Badspot updates BL with the new files (without a rtbinfo.txt would be even more helpful).

Aren't they default? Just delete them and the launcher would reinstall them.

It'll be fixed by the next Blockland update, although I PMed Ephialtes and asked him to either delete or rename the files on RTB. The files are default now, so the launcher restores them to the outdated versions, and then RTB prompts you to re-update them to the new versions, which happens each time you start the game.

someone could make a workaround so that rtb ignores those files or you could set it to readonly and make sure you remember you did that incase of an update

Let RTB update the file, then set it to read-only so the stupid launcher cant overwrite it with the old version, done.

Aren't they default? Just delete them and the launcher would reinstall them.
That's the problem.
The launcher is reinstalling the old version.

I don't even want the fricken bricks.

Unfortunately had to fail them due to the rtbInfo.txt being included in the default BL install.