Author Topic: The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release  (Read 346596 times)

I'm still recovering from pax but I wanted to share these things that occurred in my game.

• This one girl picked up her boyfriends character in game, threw him onto a teleport trap which then teleported him into a spike trap which then propelled him onto a paralyze trap where he was finally killed by a snake!
  • One guy managed to get killed by a monster then that same monster picked up his corpse and rescued him by taking him to the exit, I honestly didn't know this could happen lol.
  • Another time a player was trapped in a coffin, due to dying in the last floor, a monster then carried his coffin around the dungeon threw said coffin at another player thus freeing him while killing his teammate.

There was a ton of other crazy things but these were the craziest of the crazy.

I'm going to try and do a writeup with some pictures soon, I just really want to sleep and watch cartoons for the next few days.

haha
sad that I missed it, will you be attending any other festival-type things?

lol sounds like a good time

The game already sounds amazing

I feel like there should be certain monsters that only attack you if you attack first, but normally they just throw you down staircases if you die. Like friendly monsters.

The game is looking great so far, wish I could've been at PAX to play or get a trading card.
Also when you pick up the rupees/crystal things it still says gold? Just found that kind of weird.

I'm also hosting a dedicated server for the The@Team prototype on which I'll eventually be messing with server-side mods, but for now feel free to join if you guys just want to play. If you query master it should be there.
Edit: If the master server is down just connect directly to 45.55.189.103:28000.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 07:48:19 AM by Soundwaver7 »

haha
sad that I missed it, will you be attending any other festival-type things?

I'm going to be at boston fig this year as well, which is around Boston.

We're also going to try and exhibit at PAX Prime this year.

I feel like there should be certain monsters that only attack you if you attack first, but normally they just throw you down staircases if you die. Like friendly monsters.

This should happen if you take a chicken with you long enough, he'll just start following you around.

( I actually don't know if I'm going t implement this because that might be a lot more work than it sounds lol )

The game is looking great so far, wish I could've been at PAX to play or get a trading card.
Also when you pick up the rupees/crystal things it still says gold? Just found that kind of weird.

I'm also hosting a dedicated server for the The@Team prototype on which I'll eventually be messing with server-side mods, but for now feel free to join if you guys just want to play. If you query master it should be there.

I actually don't know what to call the currency, if you guys got any ideas feel free to suggest. We could also just be mysterious and not name it anything.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 05:46:08 PM by Rotondo »

rotondo can u please add random boulder traps like indiana jones

i feel it would add to the exploration immersion

I actually don't know what to call the currency, if you guys got any ideas feel free to suggest. We could also just be mysterious and not name it anything.

ritunds
pronounced rit-ends
ro-dos
tondos
rotondo's sperm cells

rotondo can u please add random boulder traps like indiana jones

i feel it would add to the exploration immersion

I feel like you're joking here, but I seriously want to add this.

The problem is I've yet to figure out a way to fit it in.

I want to add it when you pick up the golden idol, but a super deadly insta kill boulder is a bit extreme in this type of a game.

Make it flatten the player, it would immobilize the player for a few seconds.

I want to add it when you pick up the golden idol, but a super deadly insta kill boulder is a bit extreme in this type of a game.

Maybe when you press a near invisible pressure plate, one of the nearby walls falls over revealing a extremely tiny hidden room where the boulder quickly rolls out of.

EFC - Easily Forgettable Currency

What was the actual name?

Noone remembers.

maybe a trap that drops a boulder, then it will roll in a random direction, damaging anything it touches

then you could push it around and use it as defense, pushing it around and rolling it down stairs n whatnot