Author Topic: The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release  (Read 345994 times)

Ah, thought you would make it so as the player's sprites got bigger the pixels would shrink.

I implemented a simple scaling algorithm at one point but I didn't have a concrete method for detecting when a user wanted the sprite to be scaled down. I guess I could just have a variable on the skin name, like character_1 or something. Perhaps a different folder for 16x sprites vs 8x.

Another problem is mixing pixel density looks kind of strange, so having 16x characters on a 12x12 tile might look weird, and vice versa.

Are you going to use free sprites or are you going to make your own?

I'm making all the sprites, most of the ones in game now are mine though there might be a few placeholder sprites here and there.

By the way what was the forum you were going to post the game on?

I implemented a simple scaling algorithm at one point but I didn't have a concrete method for detecting when a user wanted the sprite to be scaled down. I guess I could just have a variable on the skin name, like character_1 or something. Perhaps a different folder for 16x sprites vs 8x.

Another problem is mixing pixel density looks kind of strange, so having 16x characters on a 12x12 tile might look weird, and vice versa.

I'm making all the sprites, most of the ones in game now are mine though there might be a few placeholder sprites here and there.

By the way what was the forum you were going to post the game on?
Bay 12 Forums, which is the Dwarf Fortress forums. You can probably see why they were into the first @team.

You should make a story mode, and an explorable world, or modding support so people can implement a explorable world.

You should make a story mode, and an explorable world, or modding support so people can implement a explorable world.
This, So much this.

Bay 12 Forums, which is the Dwarf Fortress forums. You can probably see why they were into the first @team.
Did you post it yet?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 05:47:07 PM by nienhaus1 »

Yo, I'm making a renderer for sprites, can I have a copy of the image you apply to the faces please? Thanks, it's a real bitch making it :(

Yo, I'm making a renderer for sprites, can I have a copy of the image you apply to the faces please? Thanks, it's a real bitch making it :(

If you want I could try remaking them.

If you want I could try remaking them.
yey
if you could get it in BMP with transparency, then thanks a ton bro.

yey
if you could get it in BMP with transparency, then thanks a ton bro.

I don't think this can be done.
Any way how big do you need it?
#X#?

I don't think this can be done.
Any way how big do you need it?
#X#?
512x512

oh and BMPs with 256bit depth.

512x512

oh and BMPs with 256bit depth.

But really please help me.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 12:39:58 AM by Fastlex »

Any ETA when the first playable version will be?

Will the game be free or will we need to wire you our pocket money to get it?