Author Topic: The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release  (Read 346314 times)

A youtuber put up a quick preview of the game if you guys want to check it out,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OWJJM1NYgU

I loved how he used the fast potion right before he changed levels and it looked like he was just zooming past the level change sequence.

I feel like that's gonna be really funny especially when your online just zooming past everyone lol

That's one of the big downsides of a lot of Let's Plays. Quite a few don't take the time to learn how to play the game to begin with, like using a tutorial (if there is one), or just spending 20 minutes playing it before recording.
There are quite a few games that end up looking worse in Let's Plays than they are because the player is confused at first and doesn't play long enough to get a grasp of the controls/mechanics, even if it doesn't take all that long to learn.

Watching someone faff about and be confused when they don't understand the controls can make for a funnier, more entertaining Let's Play. But it doesn't always reflect the game as truthfully as it could.

There's pros and cons of each way, it's also really good data for me to see someone blindly play through it.

bak'd

Thanks!

----

In the 24 hours we raised...

$2972!

I'm hoping we'll be able to ride momentum for the next few days and keep things going, thanks everyone for the support so far!

Edit: Also if you guys can post the game to places you think might like it. Smaller subreddits, forums or communities, any boost helps.

Edit 2:

Another youtuber covered the game, he really seemed to enjoy it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLLvo6-XrH1flWq5KRBP8GhUqcGxJT5cPB&v=VsU_IkQrLMk
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 12:38:22 PM by Rotondo »

also so far people have bought           
9(+3) $40 tiers,
2(+1) $80 tiers,
3 $100 tiers,
1 $150 tier,
and 1 $1000 tier holy stuff.
that means we're getting
9(+3) silver statues,
7(+1) gold statues,
4 weapons,
2 secrets,
1 monster,
1 boss,
and 1 inn character.
sup guess who keeps track

that means we're getting
9 silver statues,
7 gold statues,
4 weapons,
2 secrets,
1 monster,
1 boss,
1 inn character.
and a partridge in a pear tree~

i put $24 in

Thanks!

can we create our own bossfights/campaigns/etc as mods?  like, if we've got a kickass idea but not $500

also so far people have bought           
9 $40 tiers,
2 $80 tiers,
3 $100 tiers,
1 $150 tier,
and 1 $1000 tier holy stuff.
that means we're getting
9 silver statues,
7 gold statues,
4 weapons,
2 secrets,
1 monster,
1 boss,
and 1 inn character.

It is going to be really interesting to see these numbers at the end of the kickstarter, thanks for keeping track!

----

I made a few gifs from the trailer by the way,

Hmm, could we have a default no bump?

Hmm, could we have a default no bump?

Yeah, you can actually customize the bump texture to whatever you want.

You can also disable it entirely.

I should probably explain these features in detail in an update on the kickstarter page.

So wait lemme just get this straight. The texture mapping isn't top row ceiling, second row wall, third row floor? Because that's what I converted my old textures to.

So wait lemme just get this straight. The texture mapping isn't top row ceiling, second row wall, third row floor? Because that's what I converted my old textures to.

It should be that, but there's no space between the textures anymore.

This one for example,

Came out as this:

« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 11:43:07 PM by Katadeus »

Well, just backed the game. Can't wait for the release.

Can anyone show me what the folder for The Forgettable Dungeon looks like?

I put the Forgettable Dungeon files in the Recycle Bin to get the update.

Two new youtube videos today,

Millbeeful - The Show - The Forgettable Dungeon (Kickstarter Demo)

Wanderbots - I Am Lunk - The Forgettable Dungeon Multiplayer Gameplay & Kickstarter Demo First Impressions

Also we finally hit 4K!

In other news someone posted the "It's dangerous to go alon!" gif on r/gaming and it did pretty well, the gif now has like 125,000 views!

Sadly not many people went to the kickstarter page but now it's in peoples minds.