The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release

Author Topic: The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release  (Read 345838 times)

oh cool. what's the software called?

Jam Origin Midi guitar is what the site says, kind of an odd name.

http://www.jamorigin.com/products/midi-guitar/

It has a timeout that you have to work around when using it but it's not so bad, though I've only been able to get virtual midi out to work properly on mac.

There's also this MiGiC program which is a bit more complicated and convoluted to setup,

http://www.bituosity.com/

I've yet to actually get MiGiC to work properly on windows or mac.

But yeah, pretty neat things. I can't play nearly as well on keyboard so this will be much easier to rough things out with.

Edit: More progress on things, tied in some player mechanics to the animation system to get some fun results:

Should be fun to see what actions I can come up with.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 07:51:03 PM by Rotondo »

i should probably get another group testing session together sometime

any hope on getting some extra content for the beta in the near future?

What's going on with that picture frame in the back left?

im pretty sure that's just the gifs color limit compression

i should probably get another group testing session together sometime

any hope on getting some extra content for the beta in the near future?

Yeah, my goal is to get one big update out a month. Next update is going to be the ice world, the re-tuned gameplay, and a bunch of other misc stuff.

Crappy gif compression, I use adobe premiere to export to a gif since it's quick and easy to do. The drawback is it introduces a lot of artifacts.

I don't meant to call on you guys again for this, but I am having a bit of trouble coming up with a name for the new ice boss.

I'd love to hear any suggestions, for instance if someone could come up with a name as brilliant as skeleton john again I'd appreciate it lol.

Since firebars and icy floors are in the game now, I would like to see something like this recreated in the game:

We all remember that part of the game...

Since firebars and icy floors are in the game now, I would like to see something like this recreated in the game:

We all remember that part of the game...

I should add just one single staircase in the entire dungeon, and it's in the ice theme and you can't get down it at all.

I actually made a spike trap like the one on the side there, but I'm not sure if the controls in my game are precise enough to avoid them consistently. Plus the sprite came out a bit weird.

but I'm not sure if the controls in my game are precise enough to avoid them consistently.
I think it works fine, but player sprites can make a hit box look off.

I don't meant to call on you guys again for this, but I am having a bit of trouble coming up with a name for the new ice boss.

I'd love to hear any suggestions, for instance if someone could come up with a name as brilliant as skeleton john again I'd appreciate it lol.
Blue Balls

Diamond\Permafrost\Glacier Jon
or Ice Cube

I think it works fine, but player sprites can make a hit box look off.

In the next update I actually heavily tweaked all of the bounding boxes on players and most objects, it makes things a lot easier.

Diamond Jon

All bosses named john, fire john, ice john, diamond john.

A test of the ice boss behavior:

High res gifv: http://i.imgur.com/hx0mcKi.gifv

Animations are still a work in progress but he's pretty neat so far.

or female
honestly this would be a funny running gag lol
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 09:44:43 PM by maplelink64 »