Author Topic: The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release  (Read 346466 times)

edit: crashed on the way down from first floor to second floor. had a shovel as primary, just picked up a jetpack.
could it be a dungeon generation bug?

When you get a crash one thing you should try to do is post the console.log of that session, as it could potentially make tracking the bug much easier. This is of course on top of posting the context of the crash.

When you get a crash one thing you should try to do is post the console.log of that session, as it could potentially make tracking the bug much easier. This is of course on top of posting the context of the crash.
whoops, forgot this had a console log. rip me.

on another note, through very careful gameplay and masterful sword spam

solo run made possible by: z target and masterful sword

without those two i would never have been able to take care of the red knights at 4 hp

edit: crashed when i hit quit while in the inn. does that merit a console log upload? i forget if this game normally closes correctly without crashing when quitting
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 06:23:39 AM by Conan »

So I've been trying out the beta on Linux, and I've had a few issues with the graphics and sound. The shadows cast by the walls of the dungeon seem 'choppy', and the music skips slightly as it's playing. I am using the official Nvdia graphics drivers, not the generic ones.

Console.log
System info

So I've been trying out the beta on Linux, and I've had a few issues with the graphics and sound. The shadows cast by the walls of the dungeon seem 'choppy', and the music skips slightly as it's playing. I am using the official Nvdia graphics drivers, not the generic ones.

Console.log
System info

Funny story, the linux executable is actually out of date.

Thank you for reporting these bugs, otherwise I wouldn't have noticed this for a while longer.

Can you take screenshots by the way?

I may have to do some linux specific rendering tricks to make the shadows work on it.

Edit: I'll try to get the right exe out sometime this week, possibly with a general bug fix for both platforms.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 06:07:31 PM by Rotondo »

The artifacts are different in each frame, making the choppy effect

Thanks for the pic.

So few things happened, I spoke at a college yesterday.

- picture will be here when my girlfriend sends me them -

There were a few people in the audience who knew about Blockland, and some who even exist on these forums.

Life is weird.

Also hyperunknown, the composer for Forgettable Dungeon put up a great video showing how he makes music that emulates the classic sound of C64 give him some love and views.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxcKNf6Ie5Q

« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 07:24:17 PM by Rotondo »

oh my god that sounds amazing i cant wait

There were a few people in the audience who knew about Blockland, and some who even exist on these forums.

Life is weird.
were they all clones of you

were both of those songs soundtracks from the game?

they were all him
he was speaking to himself, and his girlfriend is just his alter ego - he just lost his girfriends phone and his girlfriend needs to find it.

interesting that a couple of people in the audience of a college play blockland. I don't know anyone IRL that plays it.

your audio guy is amazing, hands down amazing. its so beautiful to listen to

I know 5 people who play Blockland IRL (I forced 3 of them to get it heh)

were both of those songs soundtracks from the game?

Yeah, ones in game now the other is upcoming.

Haven't posted anything in a while, still working on a lot of stuff.

At this point I'm unsure what I should be showing off, or if I should hide some stuff for the actual release.

Anyway, here's a sped up gif of the new boss snakes movement.

( Graphics were on low for testing which is why there's no lighting )

I think the snakes going through each other may lead to a lot of cheap hits.

I think the snakes going through each other may lead to a lot of cheap hits.

There's actually only going to be one snake at a time, if I ever do multiple they'll take into consideration the others position.

I was just very happy that I was able to have that many on screen for the first time, without the game exploding.