Author Topic: The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release  (Read 346376 times)

« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 11:26:31 AM by RTBARCHIVE »

everything has x-ray on

The Forgettable Inversion

-- THINGS ON FIRE --
everything has x-ray on

Is this happening all the time or were you tweaking something?

If this is happening all the time I'd love to know what your gpu is.

will there be steam controller support added

Is this happening all the time or were you tweaking something?

If this is happening all the time I'd love to know what your gpu is.
I was tweaking things. I entered a line of code (that I can send to you via PM) that spawns an AIPlayer, and suddenly everything freaked out.
Also, my GPU is AMD Radeon HD 5450 iirc

will there be steam controller support added

I can add this eventually, but it's not high priority.

I still need to add general support for usb controllers in split screen, and rebinding.

I was tweaking things. I entered a line of code (that I can send to you via PM) that spawns an AIPlayer, and suddenly everything freaked out.
Also, my GPU is AMD Radeon HD 5450 iirc

I would love to know what the code was lol, that is super strange.

Also if you want to spawn an monster the way I do it, use the cheatSpawnItem command.

So like, cheatSpawnItem( skeleton ); , you can add .startLoop(); at the end if you want it to start attacking.

cheatSpawnItem( skeleton ).startLoop();

also splitscreen with controllers crashes in steam big picture. never done it without big picture so idk if that's a factor, will get back to you

also splitscreen with controllers crashes in steam big picture. never done it without big picture so idk if that's a factor, will get back to you

That sort of makes sense with how I did split screen, I'll look into it if I can fix it.

If anyone has the beta and also has access to a mac post, I'd like to do a mac preview to make sure it works before I send it out to everyone.

crashes every time i try to descend to the second floor.

crashes every time i try to descend to the second floor.

Is this a new bug?

I haven't done an update in a while, so I'm curious what caused the behavior.

I've definitely noticed this on my end, but I've been having a hell of a time tracking it down or even getting it to crash consistently.

At the last playcrafting event the game crashed once right at the start of the show, then ran for 6 hours perfectly.

Sadly I haven't caught the crash while running the debug version :(

Is this a new bug?

I haven't done an update in a while, so I'm curious what caused the behavior.

I've definitely noticed this on my end, but I've been having a hell of a time tracking it down or even getting it to crash consistently.

At the last playcrafting event the game crashed once right at the start of the show, then ran for 6 hours perfectly.

Sadly I haven't caught the crash while running the debug version :(
i hadn't played for a while and it was doing it so idk if it's new or not, but i haven't once been able to get to the next floor.

EDIT: played again, it's working fine. i think it was the steam controller, actually, because i'm not using it this time.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 09:58:59 AM by hodot »

i hadn't played for a while and it was doing it so idk if it's new or not, but i haven't once been able to get to the next floor.

EDIT: played again, it's working fine. i think it was the steam controller, actually, because i'm not using it this time.

Hopefully I can find out a consistent reason why it crashes like that, thanks for the help by the way.

I'll check out the steam controller support with my prototype sometime soon.

Wrapping up the next update to the beta soon, still looking for someone with a mac who has the beta to make sure it doesn't explode.

Most likely going to do it live if not.

Double toast:

Update is out for the beta, new dungeon theme, restructured flow of gameplay.

Bunch of backend stuff.

Full change log and kickstarter post later today hopefully.

i like this update a lot