Author Topic: The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release  (Read 346171 times)

Some feedback:

The charge attack on the mace doesn't seem to be fast enough, an enemy can easily walk back and attack you while spinning.
Would either prefer if you could hold a charge or increase the attack speed.

Please let us pause in single player

The jungle snake's head can still fire for a bit after being killed.

Extra HP from heart containers should not be able to be taken away through downgrades.

The keyboard should be detected as a player for split screen.

You should have at least 3 seconds of invincibility after being teleported
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 09:41:22 PM by Emgiell »

The charge attack on the mace doesn't seem to be fast enough, an enemy can easily walk back and attack you while spinning.
i'd think that's pretty much the point. you have to time it well.

i'd think that's pretty much the point. you have to time it well.
It doesn't help that the knock back seems to be either hit or miss

that might be a problem with the engine, i'm not sure

I put in dungeonSkip( DungeonTheme ); while in the loading screen and got these glorious works of art

« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 12:48:25 AM by Emgiell »

Some feedback:

Please let us pause in single player

The jungle snake's head can still fire for a bit after being killed.

Extra HP from heart containers should not be able to be taken away through downgrades.

The keyboard should be detected as a player for split screen.

You should have at least 3 seconds of invincibility after being teleported

- I think I'm going to switch to the hold charge attack, like in link to the past.

I wanted to shy away from that, however it's the most straight forward.

- I'll write down pausing in single player, shouldn't be too hard with time scale in torque.

- I've been thinking of re-doing the fountains and a few of the "randomized" things, now that you have to earn health it doesn't make sense to lose it randomly.

- Keyboard in split screen may be a bit weird to implement in split screen but I'll write that down as well. I suppose I can just have an option to use keyboard for the first player only, and disable keyboard input on the rest.

- Good idea on the teleporting, I've actually been thinking of teleporting a lot as well lately. I've been trying to think of ways to make it more interesting and less random.

What do you mean? It should be pretty consistent, crits send enemies a longer distance, normal attacks send it less.

-- lol --
I put in dungeonSkip( DungeonTheme ); while in the loading screen and got these glorious works of art

I'm actually really happy it didn't crash lol.

It's always good to do stuff like that, breaking your procedural generator algorithm can give you new ideas.

How's the working condition of split-screen co-op? Does it work enough with 3 players?

I don't have this game yet, so i wouldn't be able to find that out for myself
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 12:30:47 PM by Masterlegodude »

How's the working condition of split-screen co-op? Does it work enough with 3 players?

I don't have this game yet, so i wouldn't be able to find that out for myself

Should be fully functional, some have reported issues with steam big picture mode.

It's also windows only for the split screen, and currently requires xbox 360 controllers.

The controller situation is going to change in time, the windows only sadly may not.

There's still a few hopefully rare crashes in the game that I've yet to track down though.

We have a discord?
https://discord.gg/0wDrfggwJYq1yjtF

I don't actually use Discord but this was the link that was in the Kickstarter email a few days ago.

Should be fully functional, some have reported issues with steam big picture mode.

It's also windows only for the split screen, and currently requires xbox 360 controllers.

The controller situation is going to change in time, the windows only sadly may not.

There's still a few hopefully rare crashes in the game that I've yet to track down though.
i've never been able to do splitscreen, though i've only tried to run it in big picture mode.

which makes sense because it actually creates two instances of the application and puts one on top of the other. only one screen in the splitscreen crashes, the other one stays there. big picture can probably only handle one window

i've never been able to do splitscreen, though i've only tried to run it in big picture mode.

which makes sense because it actually creates two instances of the application and puts one on top of the other. only one screen in the splitscreen crashes, the other one stays there. big picture can probably only handle one window

I ran it in big picture mode a few times earlier, one time it crashed otherwise it ran.

The way it crashed was strange though, overall needs more testing.

Perhaps you should try it again, though it could be related to pc specs.

Posted a bug fix update, a few new features thrown in as well.

Change log:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/ForgettableDungeon/announcements/detail/981043976155157034

Some feedback:

I got through most of the things on your list, however I haven't had the chance to experiment with new sword charging mechanics yet.

will this game support 21:9 resolutions because if so i would love you forever