Author Topic: The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release  (Read 346113 times)

will this game support 21:9 resolutions because if so i would love you forever

In theory it should, as it just detects whatever aspect ratios are available from your GPU.

The gui might be a bit odd though.

Out of curiosity does Blockland support that resolution?

Page loss:

Posted a bug fix update, a few new features thrown in as well.

Change log:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/ForgettableDungeon/announcements/detail/981043976155157034

I got through most of the things on your list, however I haven't had the chance to experiment with new sword charging mechanics yet.

I think you're calling the teleport command every time the camera shifts to a new room, because both when i teleport and when i move into a new room, my character can't move for about 3 seconds. everything else can though

moved into a treasure room and i can no longer move my character from the bottom of the screen. had to quit.

also if i jetpack into a room i haven't yet been in, enemies don't spawn at all
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 08:23:59 PM by hodot »

I think you're calling the teleport command every time the camera shifts to a new room, because both when i teleport and when i move into a new room, my character can't move for about 3 seconds. everything else can though

moved into a treasure room and i can no longer move my character from the bottom of the screen. had to quit.

also if i jetpack into a room i haven't yet been in, enemies don't spawn at all

I've had this happen once, I couldn't reproduce what caused it.

There must be some random corruption going on, I've had some strange stuff happen that couldn't be explained.

I just checked and movement was working as intended in the public steam build.

Edit: Jetpack thing I need to fix, I noted that down.

Progress on the overworld:

Still very basic, but it's coming together.

All we need now are some different biomes for variety, the dungeon entrances, and a few secrets here and there.

wait is the overworld gonna be one of those zoomed out outta scale things like a lot of rpgs do or is it normal sized

looks very nice
i like the shades of brown

it reminds me of a dungeon rpg board game or legend of zelda

zelda keeps showing up here :o

wait is the overworld gonna be one of those zoomed out outta scale things like a lot of rpgs do or is it normal sized

Normal sized, if you look close you can see my tiny blue zoidberg player in there.

it reminds me of a dungeon rpg board game or legend of zelda

zelda keeps showing up here :o

Zelda is a huge huge inspiration for the game, the original idea for the overworld came from just staring at the zelda 1 map and noticing it was cut into nice even chunks.

What's your plan in general regarding servers? Will there be a server list like in Blockland, or a matchmaker of some sort like big title games, or both like TF2?

Also how will the open world hub work with regard to multiplayer?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 11:50:48 PM by Pecon »

What's your plan in general regarding servers? Will there be a server list like in Blockland, or a matchmaker of some sort like big title games, or both like TF2?

i'd guess it'd work like in discord where theres one big master server and you can make a node on it serving multiple players

Right now it's just host your own co-op server, you have to join via steam friends list or IP.

I might add a server list eventually, however it's not really the type of game for that in my opinion.

Open world hub is basically just a fun zelda 1 style overworld, in regards to multiplayer it'll function similar to the way things currently work.

I'm debating if I'm going to make it so you're required to have everyone in one place before starting a dungeon or if it's going to be first at dungeon can choose.

More progress on the overworld:

Multiple texture support + biome testing.

Still all random, but now I can start carving out the rules for each land.

thats really cute actually i love it :-)

thats really cute actually i love it :-)

Thanks, I'm happy you dig it.

More progress:

Edit: Biome placement still not sense make, but I like this pic.

Added option for biomes to have shores, though I still have to mess with some of the logic.

I should probably work on the biome textures and logical flow/placement sometime soon.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 08:17:00 PM by Rotondo »

oh ok i didn't realize it was supposed to be tiled still lol
yeah that looks nice