Author Topic: The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release  (Read 346293 times)

Got the transition GUI fully working.

Just need to clean it up a bit and work on some timing issues.

Time to mirror my character sprite so it can moon walk. :cookieMonster:

If you do release a rogue version of this game to us, will it have the fancy features of the zelda-esque one, or will it just be @Team with better graphics?

Not very exciting, but I put off fixing this UI for a while.

Hopefully controls didn't end up too complex.

Edit: Jesus, 1 day away from the deadline D:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 02:15:56 PM by Rotondo »

Do you still plan on having the roguelike and Zelda-style be separate games or are they gonna be separate modes instead?

Good luck!

Do you still plan on having the roguelike and Zelda-style be separate games or are they gonna be separate modes instead?

Good luck!

At this point I'm just concentrating on the getting the rogue version working. I haven't thought too much about the zelda stuff.

You got this, Rot
You can make deadline

-snipsnap-
Not very exciting, but I put off fixing this UI for a while.

Hopefully controls didn't end up too complex.

Edit: Jesus, 1 day away from the deadline D:

Constructive criticism time.

Can the 360 controller buttons be cutomized? Because if not, I don't think it's a good idea to have the jump button opposite to the attack button.

Constructive criticism time.

Can the 360 controller buttons be cutomized? Because if not, I don't think it's a good idea to have the jump button opposite to the attack button.

They will eventually be customizable but for this build they're locked.

Basically jump is only used as a utility, never for battle. So while you may be jumping over a pit or a trap, you'll never need to jump then immediately attack.

Another reason it's this way is due to the constant need to throw stuff, Which is A followed by X. Which feels very natural.

They will eventually be customizable but for this build they're locked.

Basically jump is only used as a utility, never for battle. So while you may be jumping over a pit or a trap, you'll never need to jump then immediately attack.

Another reason it's this way is due to the constant need to throw stuff, Which is A followed by X. Which feels very natural.

Will there ever be a time in the future where jumping will be more important in combat?

Will there ever be a time in the future where jumping will be more important in combat?

I'm unsure, I really enjoy jump attacks in games like ocarina of time but I'm not sure if it fits here.

Reworked the play gui a bit,

Makes it a bit easier to tell how much health you have left, also brought back the XP info.

Edit: still not sure if I'm set for this layout, but I think it's going to have to do for now.

I'm unsure, I really enjoy jump attacks in games like ocarina of time but I'm not sure if it fits here.
Reworked the play gui a bit,
-snip-
still not sure if I'm set for this layout, but I think it's going to have to do for now.

Well, I'll just take your word for it until that day comes.

Also, do you think the item icons would fit better on the lower portion of the screen, centered?