The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release

Author Topic: The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release  (Read 346247 times)

Finally starting to feel good enough to get back to work.

To start it things off look at this super exciting Character select gui,

https://twitter.com/Rotondo/status/409874732834508801/photo/1/large

Current Plans:

The indie mega booth deadline is right around the corner, december 15th, I'm going to try and get something playable by then that I can send to them. So there should be a lot of updates in the coming week.

Talk about cutting things close eh? At least I started feeling better with enough time to complete something, or at least I hope.

I'm also going to try and release a character/sprite editor so you guys can start playing around with something. This will also allow you to preview skinsets.

I only hope my back/leg continues to get better allowing me to keep working.

Edit:

how did it happen?

I'm honestly not sure, just one day I felt a slight discomfort sitting and just kind of ignored it expecting it to go away. Slowly it got worse, eventually causing part of my leg to go numb.

I saw a few doctors and they said "give it time" if it's starting to feel better. For a little while it did get better, then it suddenly got worse again.

Ended up going to the hospital they did a bunch of scans which came up negative for back problems or whatever.

Then again it started getting better, then worse again, finally I saw this nurse who thought it may be muscle related so I started going to physical therapy. Eventually a doctor figured out it's back related.

So now here I am going to physical therapy doing things to fix my back/muscles. Finally it seems to be consistently improving. Hopefully it continues that way.

That kind of went on a bit more than I expected it to but now I don't have to answer any more questions :D

tl;dr: if a doctor ever says "give it time" go to another doctor.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 09:05:54 PM by Rotondo »

Well it's great to know that you're not dead!
The char selection screen looks nice so far, and I laughed when I saw Picard and Spock.

EDIT: Also, good luck on the megabooth. I actually never heard of it until now :/
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 09:05:20 PM by Skull Candy »

Super fancy character select GUI.

Will we be able to mark a pixel where the character holds an item?

Currently it's a fixed location just for simplicity.

would be wonky too since you're using actual hitboxes, could mess some folks up in terms of their reach

welcome back rotondo
glad to hear you're feeling better :D

glad you're getting better!
good luck on your deadline!

I want to play as that house

Honestly I check this topic far too often
I can't wait for this