Author Topic: The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release  (Read 346654 times)

or maybe the ground is slippery, but you have full control while on it, you also slow down if you stop moving.

I'm going to try to mirror spelunkys controls on ice, that's honestly the only game that didn't aggravate me with it's ice levels lol.

Just an idea for the ice
there could be like ice skates that you could find in a room somewhere that makes maneuvering on the ice much easier

Spelunky actually had this with the spike shoes, they allowed you to do more damage when jumping on enemies and also allowed you to not slip on ice.

Quoted for page loss:
Anyway I made an Indie DB page for The Forgettable Dungeon, if you're into that site check it out.

( Also click the link anyway because apparently it takes very few hits to get in the top 100 )

the shading on the brick walls looks a bit strange.

EDIT:

You can use magica voxel to get really nice renders of @team skins
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 01:21:18 PM by Emgiell »

the shading on the brick walls looks a bit strange.

Yeah I need to work on that some more.

I made a gif to illustrate the ways you can throw things.

Yeah I need to work on that some more.

How big is one block in voxels?

How big is one block in voxels?
uhhh I would think it's 1, each block IS a voxel

uhhh I would think it's 1, each block IS a voxel

nvm I got it, it's 12x12x12

« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 01:46:51 PM by Emgiell »

I made another chest explosion gif because it is fun to do.

I'm hoping it's possible to get really far in the game by only throwing items at your enemies, rather than attacking with a weapon.

I'm hoping it's possible to get really far in the game by only throwing items at your enemies, rather than attacking with a weapon.

It totally is, but the thing is the enemies throw things back at you.

I forgot to post this earlier but I made a ghetto website for my game right before PAX, http://www.forgettabledungeon.com

if you carry a friend's corpse into another floor will they still appear in a coffin

if you carry a friend's corpse into another floor will they still appear in a coffin

That revives them on the next floor, you can throw all your dead friends down the stairs too.

I wonder if there should be like a PvP instance in which the players get special power ups or items for killing their friends and allies.

I feel like the site should just have a black background instead of the shadow.

You should add a rare giant hockey puck prop in ice levels that you can knock around with your weapon

You should add a rare giant hockey puck prop in ice levels that you can knock around with your weapon

I love that idea.

This just made me realize how much I need slippery ice lol.