Author Topic: The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release  (Read 346620 times)

i really wish i could help contribute to the game

Not sure if I'll be able to properly balance this thing out though, all the other alt items and random throwables are balanced due to being limited use.

Make it so you can't move when using it or picking it back up.
It balances it like the mace.

I was going to wait to announce this but I figured now's the best time as any.

More info soon.

I NEED ME SOME OF THAT

does it come with an ULTRA RARE GOLDEN PLATINUM HORSE THAT I CAN ONLY GET IF I PREORDER THIS ITEM???

-horsearmorsnip-

I warned you!

Only three bucks?

I can't afford that, dammit.

i really wish i could help contribute to the game

In like a month or two when things are a bit more finalized I'm actually going to need some help making some extra skin sets, so keep an eye out for that.

Make it so you can't move when using it or picking it back up.
It balances it like the mace.

That's a good idea, I'm also going to mess around with being unable to attack or do anything besides move until the boomerang comes back.

So right now I've gotten to a point where I need to redo a chunk of code so that level themes can be easily added in the future.

What this means is I'm basically making lists of lists of lists, so no fun gifs or visual changes for me :|

maybe it could do that and/or break after a few hits

What this means is I'm basically making lists of lists of lists, so no fun gifs or visual changes for me :|
at least it'll make it easier to make fun gifs and visual changes in the future!

In like a month or two when things are a bit more finalized I'm actually going to need some help making some extra skin sets, so keep an eye out for that.
:o I know I will be.

hey Rotondo, i have a question about your game, how did you do your dungeon generation? just give me a clue, i cant find a way to do it myself and all attempts have failed. thanks in advance!

hey Rotondo, i have a question about your game, how did you do your dungeon generation? just give me a clue, i cant find a way to do it myself and all attempts have failed. thanks in advance!

I'll eventually have to do a full writeup of this, but basically split the dungeon into a 3x3 grid, then connect each room randomly to another room.

It's a bit more complicated than that in some ways but it's pretty basic overall when compared to others, also look at this http://www.roguebasin.com/index.php?title=Articles

So I made a facebook page for the game, https://www.facebook.com/ForgettableDungeon

Why did I do this? I have no idea... but other people have done it so I copied them.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 11:20:21 AM by Rotondo »

I'll eventually have to do a full writeup of this, but basically split the dungeon into a 3x3 grid, then connect each room randomly to another room.

It's a bit more complicated than that in some ways but it's pretty basic overall when compared to others, also look at this http://www.roguebasin.com/index.php?title=Articles

thanks! ill try it :)

I added an animation for when you go down the ladder,

It's funny even with the tool tips that pop up when you go over the ladder some people still have problems finding out how to go down, I wonder if I should just make it so you go down automatically.

I really hope you stick a stuff ton of hilarious references into the game