Author Topic: The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release  (Read 346667 times)

yeah, it doesnt look as good without the box outlines

That's the "before" comparison but I kinda liked the outlines too. I'm all for HUDs that take up less space, though.

Could also be useful to animate status effects like frozen, stunned, burning, and poisoned.

Could also be useful to animate status effects like frozen, stunned, burning, and poisoned.

You mean animate them like the other emotes?

I messed around with making an animated intro for the game,

this is all in game by the way, the gif is a little stuffty due to being 15 fps, at 60 fps it's smooth.

You mean animate them like the other emotes?

Yeah like, maybe little embers for burning, being encased in a block of ice with sparkles when frozen, or having spinning stars above heads when stunned.

I can't wait to play. It looks so fun now.

it still looks great
I want this game pls

I would love pouring hours into playing this rather than wasting it on something productive.

thats sooo loving good, id totally pay 30 dollars for this game

I'm trying to figure out a simple way to signify what room you spawned in,

I tried putting a long ladder and a short ladder both look bad and confusing.

You guys got any ideas?

maybe like a floor pattern/color that's only for spawn rooms?

maybe like a floor pattern/color that's only for spawn rooms?
I'd say this or have some other special kind of scenery that isn't in any other room
It could even be different every time to mix things up, that would be cool

Yeah, I think I like Electrk's idea.
Or perhaps just a carpet on a few tiles around the actual spawn point, instead of changing the entire room.
It would be cool if that design varied, but I think it should just vary depending on which type of dungeon you're in, rather than all the time.

what if you took that tall ladder and raised it two or three block heights so it didn't connect with the ground and wasn't in the way much (yet still reasonably visible)?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 12:40:31 AM by .:FancyPants:. »

Or perhaps just a carpet on a few tiles around the actual spawn point, instead of changing the entire room.

I was actually thinking of something like this

It would be cool if that design varied, but I think it should just vary depending on which type of dungeon you're in, rather than all the time.

yeah
a theme-based and/or randomized spawn room would be cool
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 02:55:46 AM by Electrk. »

You guys got any ideas?
It should become transparent as it gets to the top