Author Topic: The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release  (Read 346445 times)

It wasn't a black tile, as there was another hole to compare it too below it
it felt like there was something there but there was nothing
strange indeed
Edit: lmao can you believe i found a glitch with the newly added z-target!

as in i dont have it, i died with it
it doesnt work so thats good

That's a super strange but, hopefully I'll run into it.

Thanks for the new bug, already fixed that in my version will be in next update.

zTargeting system uses a simple toggle to switch targeting on and on, which isn't directly tied to your player but rather your client.

Figured out that I could use the already made debris batcher as a replacement for particles:

Not sure if I'm going to use these for everything in the game, but it's a nice addition.

I could see them working especially well for things like lava effects, water droplets, and fire.

Any chance these could appear in the reflection as well?

Any chance these could appear in the reflection as well?

Eventually this would be a cool option, however that won't be happening until I go through and finish batching the rest of the sprite system.

As right now the actual rendering cost of flipping the debris isn't that high, it's just that I'd then need to add in a separate culling thing so it only renders the reflections on the correct tiles.

new particles look sick

i don't think anyone would notice if they weren't reflected, and imo the game is already pretty messy in serious fights so it might be better to not add more visual eye candy that can obscure more things.

i was hoping you would do effects like that. even if you don't implement it I love it

Just pushed out an update with the new particles in it, wanted to replace the wind waker stuff quickly.

Also fixed a few bugs here and there.

I've really fell behind writing the change logs, but I've had a fair bit of back pain recently so I've just been concentrating on what's needed.

idk if you put skeleton john's boss name in the ice boss's intro as a placeholder, but i got that just now
also dash boots are op as stuff lmao
you can practically kill anything if you just dash between the enemy

Edit: hold on dont you take contact damage from the ice boss? is it normal to just cheese the boss with dashboots without taking any damage at all while dashing through all his segments and him?

Edit 2:
i killed a bat and the z-target got stuck in its death spot
also sometimes if i fall down a pit i dont take damage
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 10:32:58 PM by maplelink64 »

is there any way to put down an item without throwing it? e only lets me pick up and throw and i can't figure out how to put down things without throwing.

also new bug: when you're right up against a wall throwing a boomerang will not actually throw it.

shotgun is cool af!! got a boss af loadout with masterful sword and shotgun. is the masterful sword supposed to run out of ranged attacks though?
also got a texture bug in one shop where the middle item's floor tile was pitch black. it wasn't rendered as a hole, just straight up pitch black.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 03:51:25 AM by Conan »

is the masterful sword supposed to run out of ranged attacks though?
I know better than to speak of something i know little about, but assuming the masterful sword was based on the old zelda master sword, did your health go down just before you couldn't use the ranged attack?
Since in the old Zelda games, you could only shoot beams from your sword if you were on full health.

idk if you put skeleton john's boss name in the ice boss's intro as a placeholder, but i got that just now
also dash boots are op as stuff lmao
you can practically kill anything if you just dash between the enemy

Edit: hold on dont you take contact damage from the ice boss? is it normal to just cheese the boss with dashboots without taking any damage at all while dashing through all his segments and him?

Edit 2:
i killed a bat and the z-target got stuck in its death spot
also sometimes if i fall down a pit i dont take damage

The name is a glitch, I'll write that down.

I'm still not sure  how to balance the dash boots, in the actual Zelda series they are OP as stuff lol.

I could make it just not work on bosses and knock you back however that seems cheap.

They do make you invincible currently when you connect with a hit, perhaps they should only give you one hit of invul however I'm not sure how to indicate that.

Z targeting glitch I'm not sure, can you replicate that?

Fall damage from pit has been weird the past few updates, definitely going to look into that.

is there any way to put down an item without throwing it? e only lets me pick up and throw and i can't figure out how to put down things without throwing.

also new bug: when you're right up against a wall throwing a boomerang will not actually throw it.

shotgun is cool af!! got a boss af loadout with masterful sword and shotgun. is the masterful sword supposed to run out of ranged attacks though?
also got a texture bug in one shop where the middle item's floor tile was pitch black. it wasn't rendered as a hole, just straight up pitch black.

I made it so B on controller is the universal drop/cancel button, for PC I bound it to R but you may need to bind it on keyboard since it only does that on first start. Which is another thing I need to fix.

Fixed the boomerang glitch/projectile glitch in my version will be in next update.

I'm happy you dig the shotgun I really like it as well, masterful sword is supposed to only work on full health I may change that though.

I've yet to figure out that black hole glitch, it only started once I batched the dungeon tiles so it must be related.

So update on the game I think I'm going to do something different for the next world update.

I'm going to most likely ship the next dungeon theme with monsters/traps/items without having heavy theming on the dungeon itself.

I've messed around with some ideas for the backgrounds but I think I'm going to concentrate on just making the gameplay varied and fun per theme for now.

Just bought the game + beta! Excited to see how it plays.

Thanks! Let me know if you find any bugs, or have any suggestions.

We also have a steam forum and a discord chat setup if you're into that:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/375810/discussions/

Edit: You might need this link, not sure how Discord works exactly.
https://discord.gg/0wDrfggwJYq1yjtF

https://discordapp.com/channels/168121457027710976/168121457027710976
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 02:29:06 PM by Rotondo »

Z targeting glitch I'm not sure, can you replicate that?
when i got that glitch the first time i actually got it a few more times too
it's been a while so i dont know exactly what happened, but i think i just hit the enemy into the wall with a fatal blow and it died on the wall
but i could be mistaken, i'll try to replicate it later today

Hey, my game crashed when I was transitioning to level 2, I was carrying a locked chest with some daggers in my secondary.

I made it so B on controller is the universal drop/cancel button, for PC I bound it to R but you may need to bind it on keyboard since it only does that on first start. Which is another thing I need to fix.

I'm happy you dig the shotgun I really like it as well, masterful sword is supposed to only work on full health I may change that though.
r isn't working for me; i tried disconnecting then starting a new game, still no go.

masterful sword on full health only is not a big deal - i wouldn't worry about it. would be too op otherwise i think.

edit: crashed on the way down from first floor to second floor. had a shovel as primary, just picked up a jetpack.
could it be a dungeon generation bug?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 05:21:09 AM by Conan »